anyone from Tejas?

'03_civic_lx

Yeah strangely enough there is quite a cruising/street racing scene on any weekend night. Saturday night is the big one. Its really cool. We probably dont have as many nice cars as a lot of places, but its still cool to see so many enthusiasts out just enjoying themselves hoping to be the first person at the next red light. :)

see...now what you have to do is instead of racing from red light to red light, get all those enthusiasts to get onto the interstate and just cruise at about 100-110mph and use the cars going slower as moving pylons. maybe get it on film and post up a link so that we can see it, lol.

interstate racing > city racing

haha. That would be sweet. Im trying to find some people to get together and cruise with. North 1st is the big cruising street right in the middle of town. 45 mph most places on it. It'd be fun to do 100 down that street. hahaha. :laugh:

until you get busted by a cop and taken straight to jail...thats 55mph over which is one hell of a speeding ticket, not to mention inpound fees and the like to get you out of jail. a little advice: don't speed in town. the cops will get speeding no matter where your at, whether it be on the interstate or in town...but there are a lot more cops in town than there are on the interstate. and the cops on the interstate are easy to see (most of the time) and you can brake down before they can radar you...interstate is a lot safer than city streets.

but then again, i was doing 100mph on a major road in town last night too...so who am i to be talking right? :laugh:

so 1st st. is the cruising spot. how long is it? when I'm in San Antonio the main st. to cruise is Military DR. its about 8 Miles of every type of veh. Theres lowriders, hot rods, imports, dub cruisers, yunno the ones on 22's. if you ever get a chance to go to sa town and stay on a sunday night and just ask about it. youll find over 1,500 cruisers on a sunday night. the girls that are there dress like if there going to a club. its cool.... 8)

See 1st is just about 3 miles (where people cruise anyway). Theres one end where people race. Everyone goes down there then turns around and goes to sonic then everyone circles around sonic. Most the cars are crappy. A bunch of cool guys in 80's civics (nothing against 80's civics) that have been beat up and wrecked and crap. Then there are the mexicans with the mexican revolutionary air brushed on the tailgate of their f-150 rolling wires lol, but every once in a while theres a nice civic or eclipse or something of the sort. Theres a few turbo eclipses in town that are pretty nice.

lol... you mean the mojo's yeah threre's some in sa but they only cruise the flea market.. its funny theyll have old school camaro's w/15/10" rims while bumping tejano music.. but they dont bother anyone... its funny cause i have cousins like that...

na but at the cruising scene, towards the end of it there is a 1/4 mi. racing part where people just go at it. its pretty cool..

here in Crapinsas there isnt anything like that i miss sa town.. :( but its all good i want to start some kind of spot or something.. its kinda boring here.. lates bro... :D

Archived