Someone give me a K20

So I most likely go the K20 route but I got a couple concerns.

1. What is a good price to pay for this engine? Hmotorsonline wants 4500 for acura one, not even JDM.

2. Should I try for a donor car that is wrecked with it in there or should I try for the motor and such.

3. What is the weight of the engine. About the same of h22?

4. Does anybody know if the oil pan will be sitting too low?

5. Is the k20 best turbo'd or NA, I know the gears are short but I seen alot of people turbo them so I figure I would ask.

Figure this would be enough q's for you guys. so I leave it to you guys.

Off topic but what is heavier a EH hatch chassis or EG del sol chassis?

Just curious

i jsut looked at it and it said $4000 plus shipping for the USDM Type-S

Edit: plus i've seen alot of them run N/A in the EH's so i'd prolly go with N/A

but with 500 for shipping and tax if needed. so about 4500 and I wanna start looking at k-pro for this car.

The engine is quick for stock. Hell no need to throw parts on it, but i will do it anyways.

one of the only reasons i am looking towards a k-series now is because the B18's aren't made anymore. The K-series should be around for a couple more years so i can get on pretty easy.

Whats the difference between the K20 and K20 - TypeS? All i can see is power differences.

k20a3 , or base model , is vtec-e. only has vtec on the intake cam , not the exhaust. 160 horse. if you guys know how the d17 vtec cam works , the intake cam of the base is just like that.

k20a2 , is same setup as dohc vtec your used to , vtec on both cams. except the K is full roller setup. 200 horse.

Well the k20a3 which is out of a 2003-2005 (i think) civic and baseline rsx and has less power in the engine cause the intake manifold is different and some parts were plastic instead of metal and the tranny mated to the engine is only a 5 speed.

The k20a2 is out rsx type s and has higher horse power in it. a 6speed tranny and it better in the long run. I think it might have higher compression.

Also I think the i-vtec engages differently between the too. But I might be wrong.

soo now my next question. if i put a k20 into my civic would i have to move the shifter anywhere or would i still be able to leave it in the same place? i've heard you have to move it.

yeah you gotta move it. back I think but go to Karcepts.com and you will fit they make a kit for the eg/eh chassis which will move the shifter, secure it, and they sell other parts like a radiator side swap cause the k20 sits on the opposite side opposed to a b series.

i believe the shifter can be placed in the same spot but i believe you need to do a little bit of cutting, i may be wrong though, but if you do decide to go k (hatch92) then keep us posted, and also do itb's lol

I seen some videos last night of a turbo'd k20 and it handles the boost alot better then I thought It would.

But yet I seen some vids of the NA builds I could say I very much impressed with it.

The turbo basically flys through the gears and I have seen it run low 12's.

I love the sound of the engine and might just do a either a mild or full-blown na build.

But yet a turbo is fun, I seen this engine run 20 psi without much trouble.

I say that and was like wow that is clean and nice. I mean when I going through the rest of the pics I saw this.

P1010627.jpg

I was mad cause he took my idea, my s2k gauges.

At least I know what it looks like. he also has a usb cord coming out of his climate controls, I bet it is for k-pro

Archived