93 Civic Si Won't Start???

CivicSiR7

I purchased a 93 Si from an old couple. After a few months of having it, it didn't crank one day. I thought it was not having power so I jump start it and it didn't start. So next I thought it was the starter. Replaced it with one off my other civic I had. It still didn't work. I doubled check even triple check everything from the ECU codes (which there was no codes throwing at all), ground wires, wires to starter, fuses in engine bay, and in the car. Car still won't crank! AHHH! Hurting my head just thinking about it. I even tried to jump start it. But the odd thing is what my dad told me to do is, he told me to push start it. It worked, but when I shut the car off and try to crank it, it did the same thing NOTHING. But while I was driving around the block, it kinda sputtered like it wanted to shut off. Have any of you fellas ran into something like this? huh

I would probably check your fuel delivery.

If it's not cranking at all, it might be an electrical problem in the ignition switch itself or somewhere between the battery and the starter.

Is the car turning over? Sounds like it wants to start, but won't.

also check your fuel pump and filters alot of times it could be just something easy like that when the sputters like you said. in one of my old cars that i used to have did the same thing. turned out it was just the fuel pump.

if you let it idle does it die? do your dash lights come on when you have the key in it? Does the motor try to crank at all when you are turning the key?

crank = bad

drugs = bad

Well i've never had your problem but u've alrdy checked everything u kno of to check, so the next thing is to call a honda dealer and see if they can give u some things to check over the phone. If still no work, then u're gonna hav to take it to a shop, either push start or tow, careful since u said it was sputtering..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

arent turning over and cranking the same thing, if it wont crank at all then its electrical, get an electrical tester and test all the wires from the ignition to the starter and if it is sputtering when it runs it could be fuel, but most likely its a loose wire somewhere thats bouncing around as your driving

Archived