engine swap taking out D15B8 for D16Z6

92civichatch

I'm swapping out my old 8 valve 1.5 for a vtec 1.6 . i also have the tranny that came with the engine put the harness is cut at the connectors. i was wonder if the harness on my 1.5 will work, i know i will have to run wiring for the vtec and heated O2 sensor, any advice will be thankful

It should run just fine. I am pretty sure the connecters are the same and like you said you gotta wiring the new 02 sensor and the v-tec system in. Make sure your ecu can run v-tec first or you will be running no v-tec at all.

It should run just fine. I am pretty sure the connecters are the same and like you said you gotta wiring the new 02 sensor and the v-tec system in. Make sure your ecu can run v-tec first or you will be running no v-tec at all.

Yea i have the ECU that came with the engine

since you have a 92 hatch it is a complete plug and play. the 92's were the only year civic in the 92-96 gen that were pre-wired for vtec besides the ex/si models

since you have a 92 hatch it is a complete plug and play. the 92's were the only year civic in the 92-96 gen that were pre-wired for vtec besides the ex/si models

Hey bro just so you know the gen for that model civic is 92-95 not 92-96. Also bud you should be fine to run everything once you wire it up but i am pretty sure that in the gen of civics they never put the d15b8 in any of them. i know the lx and dx models came with the d15b7 which is a 16 valve sohc non vtec and the vx model came with the d15z which is also known as the sohc 16valve vtec-e. the ex and si models came with the d16z6 sohc regular vtec. so you should double check the year of the car and make sure it isnt an obd0 harness becuz if it is then you need to purchase a pigtail connecter off the internet to adapt it over to the obd1 ecu. good luck and i hope my info was helpful to you. and sorry about the long post i just wanted to inform you.

Hey bro just so you know the gen for that model civic is 92-95 not 92-96. Also bud you should be fine to run everything once you wire it up but i am pretty sure that in the gen of civics they never put the d15b8 in any of them. i know the lx and dx models came with the d15b7 which is a 16 valve sohc non vtec and the vx model came with the d15z which is also known as the sohc 16valve vtec-e. the ex and si models came with the d16z6 sohc regular vtec. so you should double check the year of the car and make sure it isnt an obd0 harness becuz if it is then you need to purchase a pigtail connecter off the internet to adapt it over to the obd1 ecu. good luck and i hope my info was helpful to you. and sorry about the long post i just wanted to inform you.

That's for stating the obvious but I'm thinking he might've been thinking about the OBD1 thing..yanno..

That, or it could've been a typo?

Archived