Hybrid wheel and tire replacement

hondahybrid

Hi everyone!

I just bought a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid (my first Honda). I would like to swap out the wheels and tires for something a little more sporty than what is stock on the car, but because of the Hybrid's special braking/power system, I don't want to do anything that will cause immediate or long-term damage.

Does anyone have any expertise on this subject, or have any recommendations of who I could contact?

Thanks!

The only special discernable qualities your wheels appear to have over other rims is that they are obviously lightweight aluminum alloy (vs. steelies) and the design appears one that may reduce drag (sort of like the hub caps that came on my 1987 Honda CRX).

But yes, check with your dealer, you don't want to ruin a good thing.

By changing the wheels you're negating some of the positives of the hybrid vehicle. Like James said, they're lightweight and have a lower drag co-efficient that you really don't want to mess with. Also, you don't buy a hybrid, and expect sporty. :rolleyes:

Archived