got a problem

zcef9

ok so my motor was making a load rakit so i pulled my motor apart as i was pushing down on the pistons one of them dropped down a slight bit does neone kno why this has happen if so could you plz tell me i dont want to go to far and start messing with stuff i shouldnt thank you

Steven

...so i pulled my motor apart...

...i dont want to go to far and start messing with stuff i shouldnt thank you

You have already failed.

In more ways than one.

If the car was making strange noises and you do not know much about engines I think the first thing to have done would be to try and diagnose it before taking the head off.

Start with this: What kind of noise was it making? When? Frequency? Loudness? Was the car otherwise seeming to be running correctly prior to taking it apart?

You have already failed.

In more ways than one.

If the car was making strange noises and you do not know much about engines I think the first thing to have done would be to try and diagnose it before taking the head off.

Start with this: What kind of noise was it making? When? Frequency? Loudness? Was the car otherwise seeming to be running correctly prior to taking it apart?

ok it was making a load knocking sound and a freind said that i might have spun a rod barring and it got more fequent and loader as i accelerated and also it seemed to go slower

if you pulled the head off and you can push one of the pistons down you are gonna have to replace that piston and rod because evidently the wrist pin is f*cked or the piston is f*cked

no he turned a rod bearing 100% , and it ground away. so right now there is no bearing in between one of your rods and the crank. if you wanna fix that , youl eed a rod , a crank , and new bearings. your engine is blown dude.

omg soooo i was right, i feel so much better about my self today, yaaaaaa

Even a blind squirrel stumbles across a nut if it wonders in the woods long enough. Don't wet yourself yet.

If the shell is in good shape you have a wide variety of inexpensive swap options for you. Just because this motor is shot you can still get it back on the road without spending a lot of money. Sounds like you would need some help though, so time to call your buddies and find out who has the place and some tools to pull an engine.

Archived