Greddy Gearknob with Nitrous Button

nickysamm

I just bought a Greddy gearknob with a spring button on top - I plan to install it with a shortshifter and connect it to my nitro system...the only problem is the button has no wiring connectors....the spring on the inside is encased in a cylinder which moves up an down but there's nothing to which I can connect a circuit....

I am suspecting I need to istall some kind of microswitch on the shifter so that when the button is pressed it engages the microswitch and closes the circuit...am I right? can anyone help with this dilemma ?

thanks.

are you sure the button isn't for an automatic transmission? thats what it sounds like anyway.

Edit: What website did you order you knob from?

are you sure the button isn't for an automatic transmission? thats what it sounds like anyway.

Edit: What website did you order you knob from?

Hi Hatch!...well..the advert did say it was for manual transmissions but also said it can be used on automatic systems...I got it from ebay

sounds like an auto-trans shift know to me.

Yeah...its the second time I got crap from eBay and the damn seller is a total dork...I did give him a few 'kind' words but anyway....Im looking for a good web-site which sells REAL quality parts and accessories and exports to Europe...any hints? thanks.

Archived