Quick NA question

Currpt_God

just woundering about home much HP/ torque can a NA lsvtec build produce? with 81.5 mm pistons stage 3 SK2 cams........ just an about range? can you get close to 350whp? and what would you suggest to make the engine produce the max power.. .ex brands and parts?

thanks again guys i appreciate all your help

yup yup 300 na???? wow that would be great but too bad it aint reality, but in reality you could pull about 190 or so with a na lsvtec just so you know, and parts well no need to go there unless your gona boost it to get those numbers

yup yup 300 na???? wow that would be great but too bad it aint reality, but in reality you could pull about 190 or so with a na lsvtec just so you know, and parts well no need to go there unless your gona boost it to get those numbers

You can get over 190whp on a built LS-VTEC. My cousin is dynoing 215 on his in a '93 hatch which is POUNDING 12's all day long.

running 12's with 215 whp and that setup is kind of hard to beleve but in any matter. ive seen guys on K20 org with fully built K24 bottom and type s head , IPS cams , kpro , the whole 9 , with barely 275 whp in hatches. and they run 12's , so for someone to tell me they have an lsvtec running 12's with 215 is hard to beleve , in fact i dont beleve it sorry , nothing personal. he must have about 7500 bucks into that drivetrain alone just to hit 215.

lol @ you cranny. must be some terrible driver on k20.org. some terrible drivers indeed. take for instance a guy down here has a '94 si hatch with a k20 swap. i/h/e/kpro and a 40 shot is hitting 12.7's while pegging limiter during said run, and that's on BFG DR's.

i didn't give a complete modification list to you now did i? :) don't judge a book by it's cover.

I should further note the aforementioned runs were made on a very sticky drag slick with spray halfway down the track so, yea. Dyno numbers in N/A trim are moot. Dunno why I brought it up.

why not just boost it if you want 300+

215whp hitting 12's all day long is a reality. With the set-up you were suggesting 190-230whp is a good range. To hit 350whp n/a on a b-series is possible but only a race piece running on ethanol. Erick Aguliar's 9'sec honda was producing 365whp. K20 swaps in 92-95 hatches run high 12's stock out here. if you want a reliable 350whp you should turbo it unless it's a full drag car. Erick's motor was rebuilt every 2 events or 25 passes

215whp hitting 12's all day long is a reality. With the set-up you were suggesting 190-230whp is a good range. To hit 350whp n/a on a b-series is possible but only a race piece running on ethanol. Erick Aguliar's 9'sec honda was producing 365whp. K20 swaps in 92-95 hatches run high 12's stock out here. if you want a reliable 350whp you should turbo it unless it's a full drag car. Erick's motor was rebuilt every 2 events or 25 passes

I figured as much. My cousin runs on a slick, yet has some dinky ass axles, so he has to baby it off the line. THe spray (in his mind) is what is supposed to make up for that 2.2 60' time. He doesn't wanna' bust an axle.

I figured as much. My cousin runs on a slick, yet has some dinky ass axles, so he has to baby it off the line. THe spray (in his mind) is what is supposed to make up for that 2.2 60' time. He doesn't wanna' bust an axle.

you could do an ls/vtec with moderate compression and use an 80-120 shot of NOS. Get hondata and have the NOS activate at 45mph or so depending on driver and track. Less wheel spin faster et's. That would run very fast and inexpensive

you guys are cracked. stock k20's in hatches dont run 12's. 400+ horse ZO6 vettes run 12's , my buddys 330 horse built and boosted LSVTEC runs low 12's. your telling me he runs 12's with a 40 shot on top of 215 whp and stock axles and slicks , with a 2.2 60 ft time? just hard to beleve man. show me a vid of a stock K20 in a hatch that runs 12's , please. lets see some proof of these times and claims. my car weighs 2750 lbs , might put down a high 14 , mid MAYBE. type R runs same. see where im gong with this? lol

A 400 horse Z06 Vette pulls a VERY low 12. A C6 is an entirely different story. Domestics are irrelevant to this conversation being as..well, let's face it. Very seldom do imports trap as high as domestic cars.

A 400 horse Z06 Vette pulls a VERY low 12. A C6 is an entirely different story. Domestics are irrelevant to this conversation being as..well, let's face it. Very seldom do imports trap as high as domestic cars.

cranny your car weighs over 2700 pounds. The eg hatches loaded weigh 2400 with driver included. Most people who install k20's usually use the cx,vx, or dx model. Roughly those cars weigh 2150 depending on what else they remove. h22 swaps with just bolt ons run 13 flat out here. Et varies on driver and weight. MPH can tell you what the car is capable of. As soon as I can get my friends camera I will send you the vid of his k20 running 12.5 on street tires with bolt on's and kpro. Keep in mind the swap cost him near 10,000.

holy crap ok if your telling me that a 215hp hatch pulls 12s, then why not just throw out there all the crap thats been done with like suspension etc cause a 40 shot, on a lsvtec is just dumb 80 shot all day on those things man but anywho man, got a timeslip????

holy crap ok if your telling me that a 215hp hatch pulls 12s, then why not just throw out there all the crap thats been done with like suspension etc cause a 40 shot, on a lsvtec is just dumb 80 shot all day on those things man but anywho man, got a timeslip????

Of a car that isn't MINE?

No.

I'm stating what I KNOW is on the car. I didn't build it.

....with like suspension etc cause a 40 shot, on a lsvtec is just dumb 80 shot all day on those things man but anywho man...

what the hell are you talking about? you lost me.

wow very interesting that a forum becomes a crap talking frenzy very nice but man look im just trying to say that if you didnt build it and your just stating wat you know of this car then why dont you say wat makes it run good times, i mean like suspension, weight reduction things like that man

Archived