well ive decided l8ly i want to get a portable GPS system. Im not lookin for absolute top of the line but i would like something accurate and easy to use. Ive been looking at the obvious Garmin and TomTom, but i just wanted some opinions on which one is the best.

Also there is a new brand ive never heard of called Navitor (i think) and it has actual roads and exit signs and stuff on the display...i wana get it to see if i can focus only on the GPS system and still drive without lookin at the road...kinda like a video game >_< But its like 4 or $500 so nah.lol

but anyway...any suggestions?

My phone comes with Google Maps with integrated GPS...even live traffic...hey it's gotten me and my friends around here and in Chicago, NY, Vegas, NorCal. It has become like second nature for everyone around me to just say, "Frank, what does your phone say?" LoL not the greatest thing for when you are driving...but hey can't complain, for me it beats buying a garmin/tom tom.

Now my next car will indeed have a navi...i may live in the area, but I've used my phone more than I thought I would to help me get around.

My dad has a Garmin StreetPilot 330 its a nice little GPS very user friendly and detailed maps to start. He has had his over a year and uses it everyday. Its not top of the line but its around a higher entry level. The price used to be 299 but since I bought my dad's the 330s have come down to like 189 and on sale like 150.

My dad has a Garmin StreetPilot 330 its a nice little GPS very user friendly and detailed maps to start. He has had his over a year and uses it everyday. Its not top of the line but its around a higher entry level. The price used to be 299 but since I bought my dad's the 330s have come down to like 189 and on sale like 150.

hmm cool but circuit city has the 330 model for $225. still not to bad of a price

I picked up a Magellan Maestro 3100 for $250. It's been great. I had a borrowed one when I was in Chicago on vacation, and when I returned home I ordered myself one immediately. It's gotten me everywhere I've needed to be so far.

I've wanted one of these forever but every time I have the money I spend it on something else. I'd like to try before I buy, though, and no one I know has one except my one friend and his is a little hand-help one. Don't remember the brand but it's alright.

Archived