crx swap

crxsi9133

ok so i was the one that posted this and just wanted to say in my old crx i had a zx dohc in it. and this one i want to get creative. so i was looking for something more original. and yes i do have the money for a kseries. and have thought about it. but really am looking for something more ideal. i would like a turbo setup. been on deployment for a year and need to get caught up in the honda life. i was leaning towards a boosted gsr. i think that a kseries would be awesome but it seems like it would become too heave. let me know.

JD

I don't really mean to be ignorant here, but what exactly makes the K-swap so amazing?

I realize that it has 200ish horse from the factory, but then again, so does the h22.... what makes it worth the 3 thousand + extra for the engine swap?

WELL OH I DONT KNOW THE FACT THAT IT HAS I-VTEC. HELLO INTELLIGENCE. AND YES IT HAS WAY MORE HORSE THAN AN H SERIES. AND THE TRANSMISSION WOULD BE SET UP MUCH BETTER. AND IM SORRY BUT MIND ME, IM DRUNK. LOL. KEEP REPOSTING. I LIKE EVERYONES INPUT SO FAR.

JD

ok so i was the one that posted this and just wanted to say in my old crx i had a zx dohc in it. and this one i want to get creative. so i was looking for something more original. and yes i do have the money for a kseries. and have thought about it. but really am looking for something more ideal. i would like a turbo setup. been on deployment for a year and need to get caught up in the honda life. i was leaning towards a boosted gsr. i think that a kseries would be awesome but it seems like it would become too heave. let me know.

JD

well depends what your after. can you give me a hp goal? How do you want it to drive (quick power as soon as you touch the gas or massive top end thrust)? Do you drive it everyday and need to smog it? Cranny, good choice on the ls motor, fun car to drive around town. I have built and tuned 1.7 liter b16a engines on 10psi and made over 300whp. I believe 350-400whp is plenty for the street and anything more is just crazy for the street. So one thing I think would help us on the forum would be what is your budget? K-series is great motor from the factory but by the time you install it in the vehicle you could have used that money and made a b-series turbo monster. K's are the future but I would wait till the price on them drops.

K series is better for a few reasons. one being the tranny and 6 speeds , gearing advantage. the other would be the fact that the series have more utapped potential and simply love bolt on performance and any setup you drive to them really. horse is right though , its personal preference in the fact that , you can have a faster car by going with the older engines , but me , i like new technology , hehe. honestly pyro , ill line up and take H22's all day long with my K , theres no comparison between the 2 imo.

Archived