clock problem?

chris_agu28

yesterday, i happened to buy a new head unit for my car and come to installing it, I had a problem. My 12 volt yellow just like died so wired up a new one from the battery. well when i turned on the car my clock did not come on, i was thinking that the wiring going out had to do with it. but if you look very closely at the clock, you can barely see the numbers, but they are there so i know the clock works. is there a bulb behind the clock that lights up? if so what kind of bulb would it be? would it be a wire problem or do i have to buy a new clock?

Thanks guys alot!

I dont know anything about wireing up anything, but heres my sugestion. Mabey you dont have enough volts going to the clock to power it. And have you tried looking at it in the dark, because light can make some clocks hard to see.

The 12 volt power wire that died has to complete a circuit for the clock to light up all the way. Make sure that the radio fuse and the radio backup fuse aren't shot and then try using it again.

alright well i know the radio fuse is good but i dunno about the back-up fuse and all the other fuses are good, i will look into it. i mean i see the clock at night but it is VERY DIM and only gets a little bit brighter when i push one of the buttons like h, m, or r. so i mean the clock is not dead.

So i don't have to worry about some bulb or anything?

It's a digital clock... I don't think they use "bulbs." I mean, think about it -- there'd be a bulb that would light up when the car is on and there would be all these dark slats that covered up whatever portion of the display that would be necessary for the correct time to show up.

It's gotta be something like that. It's weird that you can sorta see it but it's not as bright.

That happens sometimes when new stereo equipment gets installed. My last sol had an aftermarket head unit and the dome light wouldn't work right when the door was opened. I bet Kegger has noticed that. It was either always on or always off.

when i first got the car, the guy who installed the aftermarket alarm wired it up so the light would always stay on as well. so i know how it is. but going to look up the wiring diagrams to see what happened and keep you guys updated

Archived