Shaved,port and polish?

Miamishatchback02

how much did you shave off the head? how extensive is the port job and what cam? Also please verify the piston to valve clearance as now the head is closer to the pistons. Also degree the cam as by shaving the head you altered the timing

wow u left me lost in that degree the cam as by shaving the head you altered the timing, shouldnt it just be put on time just like it was before with the marks where they are?

wow u left me lost in that degree the cam as by shaving the head you altered the timing, shouldnt it just be put on time just like it was before with the marks where they are?

Sorry about that. When you shave a cylinder head you have now lowered the camshaft in relation to the crankshaft. So if you set the timing belt as you would stock, you will notice that the timing mark will be slightly off. I have seen some as much as 4 degrees off. To bring it back to stock specs or "straight up" you can use a cam gear to bring it back. Hope that helps. How much power are you looking to make with that sohc, and be realistic about your goals. Remember, you have to sacrifice something to get something.

Sorry about that. When you shave a cylinder head you have now lowered the camshaft in relation to the crankshaft. So if you set the timing belt as you would stock, you will notice that the timing mark will be slightly off. I have seen some as much as 4 degrees off. To bring it back to stock specs or "straight up" you can use a cam gear to bring it back. Hope that helps. How much power are you looking to make with that sohc, and be realistic about your goals. Remember, you have to sacrifice something to get something.

iam looking to make about 250whp to 300whp but iam not planing on using it for racing just having that mutch power in the motor and if anything i want to make it fast enough to be the damn srt4's that suposely run stock with 210whp and maybe some evos and sti's if i get lucky enough.

your timing belt will fit fine , were talking about hundreths of inches. ive never had a problem. and even if you had alot planed off your head(which you can only go so far) , your dizzy has plenty of adjustment.

your timing belt will fit fine , were talking about hundreths of inches. ive never had a problem. and even if you had alot planed off your head(which you can only go so far) , your dizzy has plenty of adjustment.

It's not the dizzy timing that i was refering too. I was refering to the cam timing versus crank timing. Depending on how much was shaved would alter your your cam timing or valve timing per say. Some people shave off like .040 off the head surface and usually that alters the cam timing by 2-4 degrees. If they only cleaned it up with just a light mill like .003 than I would not worry too much

iam looking to make about 250whp to 300whp but iam not planing on using it for racing just having that mutch power in the motor and if anything i want to make it fast enough to be the damn srt4's that suposely run stock with 210whp and maybe some evos and sti's if i get lucky enough.

well if you want to spank some evo's and sti's than 250whp to 300whp should do it unless there boosting more than stock. The evo's down here run mid 10's on alcohol. To be reliable i would do some block work though. Tell you what 8 out 10 times a turbo honda with 200whp vs an all motor honda with 200whp. the all motor car will win. All depends on setup and driver. Remember evo's and sti's are all wheel drive. they will get you out of the hole, so design your motor to have extreme top end thrust.

It's not the dizzy timing that i was refering too. I was refering to the cam timing versus crank timing. Depending on how much was shaved would alter your your cam timing or valve timing per say. Some people shave off like .040 off the head surface and usually that alters the cam timing by 2-4 degrees. If they only cleaned it up with just a light mill like .003 than I would not worry too much

dude you need to follow along or somin. your just confusing people with your drabble. i know exactly what you were talking about , and if you read what i said , its very clear. and ive never heard of anyone planing a head only .003.

dude you need to follow along or somin. your just confusing people with your drabble. i know exactly what you were talking about , and if you read what i said , its very clear. and ive never heard of anyone planing a head only .003.

we shave cylinder heads .003 just to clean them up not for compression. It is included with any good valve job.

he sounds like he knows what hes saying for the most part , just needs to read all the posts better. and stay on topic.

well the topic was how much power would he make with those mods, so those were the things that I need to know as valve timing can effect power output. If you shaved the head to get higher compression and reset your valve timing to straight up it would make real good power. But if the valve timing is off it can bleed some cylinder pressure out because the valve either opened too early or too late. Hope that cleared up what I was responding too

my integ wayback was shaved .080, pretty much near bone stock.. except hand port polish, crower cams, open header, homemade intake, timing was moved 4-5 degrees.. i had about 170whp. 4 inch drop on h+r.. man i miss that car

Archived