fixing her up

ducttape2334

i got my del sol 2 months ago and some problems are springing up. Looking for quick and cheap fixes for these thanks.

1. my drivers side door handle on the inside keeps falling out...i have the peg like thing in the door but it keeps coming out.

2. my drivers side door is very tough to unlock and lock from the outside

3. the passenger door is very hard to unlock from the outside

4. the radio antenna does not fully extend and has very weak reception. buy a new one? but from where

5. the valve cover is missing a bolt on the top. my friend says i need to buy a whole new set of bolts where can i find these?

6. last night my clutch pedal stuck to the floor and did not return. Filled the fluid up (was not completely empty but low) and drove around. This morning same problem but stilled had a full amount of fluid.

7. the drivers side window hits the black plastic thing on the targa and does not fully close.

any help with these problems would be appreciated thanks

2. my drivers side door is very tough to unlock and lock from the outside

Spray silicone spray into the key hole, try key, repeat until disired resistance is achieved.

3. the passenger door is very hard to unlock from the outside

See above.

4. the radio antenna does not fully extend...

Silicone spray on the antenae mast, I cannot help with the reception; perhaps move closer to the radio antanae.

5. the valve cover is missing a bolt on the top. my friend says i need to buy a whole new set of bolts where can i find these?

Bone yard, or you can get a generic set at Autozone, less than a dollar.

for the locks you should use graphite instead. that way you won't get your key all slimy from the silicone.

if you buy a new antenna you can get them at alot of auto parts stores, or from eBay. it doesn't have to be a honda unit if you don't want to pay, a generic can work just as well, if not better.

Kegger is right with his two fixes. His del sol does the same thing with the window.

James is right about the valve cover bolts. They're pretty generic anyway.

x3772 is right about the graphite -- much better lubricant than silicone spray for this job.

Get a new antenna from dstuning.com for 30 bucks and call it a day. They're great.

Prolly should just fab up something better to hold in the door handle. Or just screw it in somewhere you won't see the screw.

Believe that should cover everything.

Archived