'Maintenance Required' and 70's Nostalgia

danw400

Allright, below my speedometer is... well, what I thought was a light... It says 'Maintenance Required', and it had been green, it looked like a green light that just wasn't lit. Now, it's yellow. It's been changing over the last week like a mood ring. It doesn't backlight, it's just yellow now. Any explanation? What makes this different from the check engine indicator? Is it something that someone resets after they tune it up, and it's hooked up to the speedometer, changing colors after 20 or 30k miles to f*ck with you? Or is it something that's actually indicative of something wrong? Anyone know what's up with this thing? I don't have the manual to the vehicle...

sometimes it's red too. just stick your key in the key slot on your gauge cluster to reset it. it changes color according to your mileage for whatever Honda specifies for maintenance intervals. usually tune ups of some sort. my odometer is at 284k, i think it's done changing colors.

sometimes it's red too. just stick your key in the key slot on your gauge cluster to reset it. it changes color according to your mileage for whatever Honda specifies for maintenance intervals. usually tune ups of some sort. my odometer is at 284k, i think it's done changing colors.

Ok, that's what I figured. Just worried it might be something legit. Thanks.

Archived