Squeaking wheel??

Jedikid

yeah so it started the other day that my car whenever I started it and started to drive it would make a loud squeaking noise from I believe the driver side wheel. It does it everytime I park to car. Does it for about 2-5 mins only when I start to move. I finally have a day off tomorrow to check and see what it is. but does anyone have an idea what it might be.

Check your brakes first- make sure the pad isn't worn. If it isn't, it still might be the pads or brackets rubbing on the caliper- use brake lubricant on everything that touches the back/sides of the brake pad- just don't use it on anything that touches the rotor.

The other thing I can think of, is a wheel bearing. Does it make a squeaking sound, or a scraping sound? If it's more of a scraping sound, then it might be the wheel bearing- if squeaking, I'd suggest something with the brake/calipers. Good luck.

Also, have someone stand outside the car and listen when it does it... they might be able to pinpoint the sound.

yeah so it started the other day that my car whenever I started it and started to drive it would make a loud squeaking noise from I believe the driver side wheel. It does it everytime I park to car. Does it for about 2-5 mins only when I start to move. I finally have a day off tomorrow to check and see what it is. but does anyone have an idea what it might be.

check your CV boots.

Archived