Fixed my exhaust

TS John

So I installed the Skunk2 system that blackdelsol sold me last night after work. Sounds like a can of bees right now cuz I need gaskets and a new cat (the bolts sheared so it's held on by only a portion of what should be there and it's so rusty it's not even worth taking the time to drill them out).

I'll post pictures and a video for the sound after Saturday morning when I have a chance to install the gaskets and hopefully replace the cat.

Question: Would it negatively affect my new cat that I wanna put on by letting the car sit for 6 months in my garage while I'm away? If so then I'll wait till I'm back to replace it (ie next summer) but if not then I might as well get it all done at once. Someone advise, please.

Question: Would it negatively affect my new cat that I wanna put on by letting the car sit for 6 months in my garage while I'm away? If so then I'll wait till I'm back to replace it (ie next summer) but if not then I might as well get it all done at once. Someone advise, please.

My understanding is that catalytic converters go bad from the platinum lining getting fouled doing what its supposed to be doing: pulling crape out the exhaust air. So its from use, not time. But I'm not entirely sure so you may want a second opinion.

Either way, make sure you drain your oil and coolant OR have someone come out and run it around the block every couple of weeks.

I have the piping if you're interested. Not the muffler. That rusted off. Let me know and I'll snap some pics.

I'm on my way out to buy some gaskets now. So pumped to not have a loud, obnoxious exhaust again. Well, this one will be loud but prolly not obnoxious... Hopefully.

Shoot me an offer in a PM. I'm sure we can settle on something reasonable to both of us.

I'm almost done putting in the gaskets. Just have to run to a hardware store to get some miniature c-clamps as a temporary hold in place of the bolt of my cat that sheared. That should have her right as rain. Can't wait to hear what it's supposed to sound like...

Update: Now I'm just tracking down a new cat to install. I figure if I'm gonna take the time to work on it I might as well fix it right. Looking like I'll be 160 poorer at the end of the today but my exhaust system will be completely new from the time it leaves the engine all the way out, since I'll prolly reinstall my old DC Sports 4-1 header on there as well.

Yeah, everything's fixed now. Got a new cat and everything on there. Should be all set for a long time.

Sounds good. Nice and deep but loud. Sound clips and new pics to come.

Sweet, I can't wait to hear them haha. Where'd you get the cat from? I might just try to put a cat on to see if my exhaust doesn't sound raspy. :( Oh, did you put your header on?

I got the cat from Napa Auto Parts. 160 bucks for an OEM direct fit one. Looks worlds better than the stock one I had on there and installed pretty easily.

Haven't put the header on yet. It's on my friend's civic so I need to swap headers with him to get it. Right now I'm tired of working on my car so it'll prolly wait a few weeks before I wanna do that again.

If you want the stock piping I have, by the way, you can just come get it for free. It's kinda rusty but still okay in most spots. I'll post up some pics in the next few days if you want.

Yeah, everything's fixed now. Got a new cat and everything on there. Should be all set for a long time.

Sounds good. Nice and deep but loud. Sound clips and new pics to come.

glad you like it. had the silencer it yet?

edit:

cat.jpg

I like shaved pussies!!

I haven't actually taken the silencer out yet. It's loud enough with it in, so I'm not that curious.

Washed up the car yesterday and before I could take pics I had to go to work. Then it rained all night last night but I'll snap a few today anyway.

I know I promised pics and a video a long time ago but I've been totally lax about all these things recently. Anyway, here's the cell phone shots I snapped yesterday or whenever. Finally got time to upload them.

Proof that I took these right after it rained:

1112071027a.jpg

1112071027.jpg

Showin' off the ricer exhaust and tinted tails:

1112071026.jpg

1112071026a.jpg

Then I drove to school and my car dried off so I snapped a few more.

1112071506.jpg

As you can see it doesn't come out perfectly straight. I could fix that by loosening bolts and retightening them when I've messed around with the hangers but I'll worry about that later, when it's easier to get under the car and all (ie when I get a better jack and have time to weld up another hanger -- it also hangs a little lower than the stock piping did).

Here's one more of my car lookin' purdy:

1112071505.jpg

I'll try to get a sound clip up soon. Maybe after I get my DC 4-1 back from my friend.

What? Everything you've done to your car has been based off the color red.

Save the black on black on black thing for your next project man. Then they'll look awesome side by side.

What? Everything you've done to your car has been based off the color red.

Save the black on black on black thing for your next project man. Then they'll look awesome side by side.

yeah i knowwww. but that one picture from the back, the black looks so awesome. i wish my uncles 350 was black because i would start making payments on that thing right now

Air,

You got the AirJordan look going. Black on Red.

Alls you need is the number 23 painted on the hood.

lol

haha yeah im gonna put a huge jordan insignia on the hood and the number 23 on the doors so im superfast

Archived