Pilots Carpet

ncmoore

I have a 2002 Pilot and everytime it rains the carpet gets wet on the drivers side and the passangers. It doesn't drip from the ceiling but apears to come in from under the floor or is running down inside the frame. I have asked at the dealership if they have seen this problem before and they all shake there heads no? Has anyone else had this tyle pf problem? I love the car but hate the wet , stinky floor.

you will hate it even more when your floor pans start to rust out as well. In previous cases I have seen something like was from compromised windshield seals in the bottom edges/corners of the windshield. The water would drip in and run down the inside edge of the firewall and into the carpet. Do your own inspecting and get it corrected sooner rather then later.

you will hate it even more when your floor pans start to rust out as well. In previous cases I have seen something like was from compromised windshield seals in the bottom edges/corners of the windshield. The water would drip in and run down the inside edge of the firewall and into the carpet. Do your own inspecting and get it corrected sooner rather then later.

burn the car and buy a coupe.

make sure you know its leaking from the windshield seals before you go spending money. i would bet its cheaper to go to an auto glass place, but im sure they could both give you quotes for the job

Would you suggest having the seal replaced? At a Honda Dealership or an Auto Glass Store. CM

I would suggest doing some of your own research to find out if that is where it is leaking. Spending money on something that might not be the problem will only make you pissed off at the car when it continues leaking. Open up the hood, get under the dash board, get out a garden hose and start searching. Does it only leak when sitting still or when you are moving? That makes a big difference. If it is from when you are sitting still then that is easy to test for: just pour water down across the windshield the same way it would run off when it is raining and watch where it goes.

Archived