opinions on capet colors please?

Xeryon

I've gutted the sedan and have been cleaning, coloring and replacing the interior piece by piece in an effort to convert it from nasty-dirty plain gray to black-ish.

I'm a bit stumped on the colors. I would like a few opinions. I am pretty sure I know which company I would like to use but am not against other recommendations if you have one. Auto Trim Supply Capet Colors

Default will be charcoal color, not solid black. Solid black shows off every speck of dirt.

Cut_897_Charcoal_L.jpgCut_7701_Graphite_L.jpg

Charcoal Graphite

But I am not sure if going with one of the muted red-ish colors in some combo wouldn't look too bad. Might be ricey I guess.

Cut_825_Maroon_L.jpgCut_875_Oxblood_L.jpgCut_815_Red_L.jpg

Oxblood Maroon Red

Or some combination in-between: Such as Charcoal carpet and order Oxblood mats, or Charcoal carpet with simple Graphite mats.

If I went with any color other than a black shade the colors will need to match what I plan for the remainder of the vehicle: Black front seats with red stiching, a black shift boot with red sticking, a headliner that is a tweed black with specks of red.

That placed I linked above has a many other shades of red and black as well. These are not what I am limited to.

This link has real picture color swatches Much better for color comparisons but they don't have the greatest mats.

These guys are not bad They just don't have as many color choices, but they have better floor mats and are a bit cheaper

I found a place that can do something one step less rice, graphite mats with edge binding in red to fit my accent color.

Probably buy the carpet monday. I'll take pics when the time comes.

yah i was thinkin about puttin red carpet down for my flooring but i not sure anymore mine jus lay new black carpet bc im gettin red s2k seats here soon.. but anywayz where im gettin it is how hard it is to lay carpet other then having to take almost everything out of the inside of your car

If you buy a proper pre-molded carpet all you have to do is lay it down. You will have to trim excess and trim holes. They purposefully ship them a little oversized and without holes cut so that there is no fitment issues on their end.

If you just buy a flat carpet and try to put it in your car it will look like ass unless you have the tools to heat-mold it to your floor shape.

• 4 months later...

this is a rather old thread to be draggin up, but since you went and done it I'll follow up with this.

I got a black one from stockinteriors.com - it was inexpensive ~ $120 or so. The shipping was quick. The carpet quality wasn't bad for the price. The fitment wasn't perfect in the corners and such, but I didn't expect it to be perfect for that cheap of a price. The downer is the rear seat corners: The carpet mold/layout they use is cut straight across for fitting under the rear seat. On the sedan I have the corners of the rear seats wrap around a little and expose about 6 inche tiangular section of red sheetmetal that the carpet does not cover because of this. On the black I was able to take a pair of cutoffs from trimming the carpet to fit and using those to fill the empty spots, since there is no pattern it takes a mighty sharp eye to see that it's two pieces, but still....

Would I buy again from them? If you want a cheap, clean replacement because your stock carpet is completely trashed: Yes. If you are looking for a high quality OEM like fit and finish or for show: No

Archived