'93 del sol si Tachometer jumping around.

:rant: IM PISSED, im taking my car to the track tonight for the first time since I have installed my turbo setup and on the way home from work last night i raced a mini cooper s and shilacked him, but thats neither here nor there... anyways i was going through with this and i kept hitting my ignition cut form my msd ignition because i had no damn clue what rpm i was at. my tach reads fine up to about 4000 rpm then it will ump to spots on the rest of the way up... like this 3999,4000,4001... 5000, 5400, 6000, 6200.... and so on, its smooth until 4 grand. WHY? and YES i have searched all over and nowhere really answered my specific question. but i have found that some peoples tachs dont move at all due to something in the cluster actually getting stuck... could my cluster be on the way to getting stuck?

im gonna pull it out today and try to figure it out before i head to the track, if i cant i guess ill buy a gay ass tach to put on my dash and then maybe return it. who knows.

ANY IDEAS???

Archived