Replacing Instrument Lights

Hi,

My instrument lights currently do not light up at night when I turn my lights on. I'm guessing it's a dead bulb or something and I'm wanting to replace the bulb with a blue bulb/led and I was wondering if that's possible. If so, where can I find a manual or instruction to do this. Also, if me changing the bulb doesn't work I hear there is a recall for a multi-plex, has anyone experienced this problem, did you get it fixed for free?!

My car - 2000 Honda Accord Special Edition

Hi,

My instrument lights currently do not light up at night when I turn my lights on. I'm guessing it's a dead bulb or something and I'm wanting to replace the bulb with a blue bulb/led and I was wondering if that's possible. If so, where can I find a manual or instruction to do this. Also, if me changing the bulb doesn't work I hear there is a recall for a multi-plex, has anyone experienced this problem, did you get it fixed for free?!

My car - 2000 Honda Accord Special Edition

all of the lights? if its all of them, it could be a fuse or something else.

no no i meant all the cluster lights, dash lights etc. not one of them works?

What are cluster lights?

The lights that don't work are my speedometer/AC turn knobs/clock..

I'd worry about the check engine light before i worried about the dash lights.

It's nothing big, I'm almost 100% positive. Whenever I was trying to troubleshoot it, I took it to O'Rielly's and the guy changed around two of the relays that are in the box in the engine bay.. That's when I noticed my check engine light on..

Velocifero

Did the blue LED conversion consist of using a kit or did you just buy the bulb and replace it?

I'm actually going to do that tonight hopefully, but I was just wondering.

Cheers,

Mikhail

the cluster bulbs themselves were just replacements. just the four that light up my gauges.

Alright, the multi-plex unit costs $194 from the honda dealer here which is quite outrageous. I'm wondering if anyone knows somewhere to get it for cheaper, any money I can save will be good.

I appreciate the help.

what's that?

• 5 months later...

Archived