Exhaust help

demented6's

I got a 2.25 universal muffler and i'm going to the muffler shop to buy the a pipe to replace the old one. I was thinking a 2.25 pipe from the cat back. Replace the cat with a high flow one and call it a day. The question is will this be too loud? The other is sell the magna flow muffler and buy a 2.5 muffler and run a 2.5 muffler and call it a day. I want a soft sound, but not something that gets me a dam ticket everytime i take off.

I got a 2.25 universal muffler and i'm going to the muffler shop to buy the a pipe to replace the old one. I was thinking a 2.25 pipe from the cat back. Replace the cat with a high flow one and call it a day. The question is will this be too loud? The other is sell the magna flow muffler and buy a 2.5 muffler and run a 2.5 muffler and call it a day. I want a soft sound, but not something that gets me a dam ticket everytime i take off.

if youre not pushing close to 200hp, i would stick with the 2.25" piping. you still want to maintain exhaust velocity remember. i would also get a resonator. that would make it quieter, deeper, and less raspy. im guessing you have a cheap no-name muffler. if thats the case i would definitely get as long a resonator as you can installed.

my buddy has 2 1/2 on his 96 integra and a guy i work with has 2 1/2 on his 98 civic and they both aren't crazy loud but they are loud. with a silencer they get alot quieter

Archived