D16A1(ZC) swap

The A1 is not a common swap at all. There might be some weird stuff with compatibility with that. Do lots of research -- doubt anyone here has experience with that swap.

The A1 is not a common swap at all. There might be some weird stuff with compatibility with that. Do lots of research -- doubt anyone here has experience with that swap.

A1 is more common on first gen CRX's.

Google search the swap, you'll find info on it.

The a1 is not a ZC.

CRG, isn't that what came stock in the CRX Si? I don't know because the one I had was swapped to a Z6 by Kegger before I got it. That's the DOHC D series that was in first gen tegs too, right? I've never heard of someone dropping that in a newer civic.

CRG, isn't that what came stock in the CRX Si? I don't know because the one I had was swapped to a Z6 by Kegger before I got it. That's the DOHC D series that was in first gen tegs too, right? I've never heard of someone dropping that in a newer civic.

You're thinking the A6 as far as the CRX Si goes... but that was the 88-91 CRX and hatch Si's, not the first gen CRX.

The A1 is a DOHC non-vtec from a first gen teg, so you're correct about that one :) The swap has been done in the 2nd gen CRX/4th gen Civic, but is more common in the first gen CRX (and probably 3rd gen Civic).

That's right. I knew I remember it being a D16Asomething from the CRX 88-91 manual I had but I forgot it.

Gotta love that D16A1 though. I'd throw some obnoxious DOHC stickers on my car just cuz I could with it. Tranny is geared mad short too.

Archived