so heres a question for all you honda ppl

spike10197

do you have to pull the motor out to do the following?

Fuel Injector change

Water Pump change

Head gasket change

timing belt change

and

how would you change all that on a 1990 honda civic 1500dx?

also how many fuel injectors are in it?

i would appricate all the help.

im going to be doing the work as soon as i know all of that

to change the injecters (4 of them), headgasket, and water pump you don't have to pull the motor. but i don't remember if you have to change the timing belt

you dont have to pull the engine for anything except putting in or rebuilding your engine , lol.

fuel injectors , undo your wiring. crack the nut on top of the fuel filter to let pressure out. undo the fuel rail. pull it up and off the injectors , if they stay in the rail , dont matter. get them out , put new ones in , using new O rings , and voila.

do a search dude , i must have typed out a dozen how to's on this crap.

Lol... By getting the timing belt 'timed' he means check it with a timing light and make sure it was installed correctly. If you're not very mechanically inclined, and it seems you're not, just take the car to a shop. I dont want you breaking a poor honda. :) Its fun to do, sure, but not when you dont know what engine your car even has. Or what a timing belt is for that matter.

Just pay to have whatever you want done, done by a shop.

mark the cam gear where it is right now before you pull the belt. remember to mark the gear and the head. the cam will move as soon as you take the belt off.

Archived