So, I gave back the RNR's tonight...

compuvision02

...but am rolling on these until Sunday.

x1ah9.jpg

Also, I started to prep my HX wheels for paint, some guy on Honda-Tech is buying them and he lives close enough were I can meet up with him instead of shipping them. I decided to use 80 grit sandpaper, since the stripper I've been using does quick jobs, it tends to make the paint not stick very well, so I figured I would do the guy a favor by making sure that stuff is off the wheel completely and this paint will stick. Do not want to get a bad seller reputation. Anyways, he wanted them painted gun metal, so that is what I am doing. Here is a quick before and progress shot.

x3hn3.jpg

x2so2.jpg

Took about two hours so far on wheel one, should be ready to paint tomorrow night and I will start stripping the next wheel. I hope to get these out of here by early next week. Then I should hopefully be ordering a set of Mugen MR5's, sadly they will most likely be 14" wheels though.

And the tires on these K1's are amazing, but suck! Kuhmo MX's, they grip, but my God they are meaty. I had to raise my car a little and it still rubs, going to raise it more tomorrow. Was pushing my inner fender well down, my friend told me to roll them and there is a way with a wooden baseball bat, I tried but I think I was doing it wrong, because it didn't do much of anything. I'll have him do it tomorrow, haha.

watch using 80 grit, the scratches might be too deep, and can show in the paint. go over it with 180, and you should be good.

The stripper idea is good, just scuff it up once your done with some 180. clean with a wax and grease remover prime and paint. should stick as good as anything.

i know a place selling 15" mugen MR5's if youre interested.

How much?

watch using 80 grit, the scratches might be too deep, and can show in the paint. go over it with 180, and you should be good.

The stripper idea is good, just scuff it up once your done with some 180. clean with a wax and grease remover prime and paint. should stick as good as anything.

Nah, that stripper is fast, but ends up being more of a pain in the butt. I was a little worried about 80 grit, but it's taking off these layers pretty slowly as is. I usually just go over the area I did with a piece of sand paper that is worn and more of a lower grit at that point. If there are still big scratches, I will use a different grit to get them out. I may just get some filler primer and spray that first and hope for the best, haha.

I have that same towel

Had. I stole it!

Basically..something that aids the paint in sticking. Coat rims with adhesion promoter (comes in a can..basically a rattle can)..

Prime them, paint them.

Archived