Question About Lowering Springs.

Repsol

I've got a 2.5" drop on my Sol, no camber kit, and no worries on the tires. They might last a little less than before the drop, but who knows. They last long enough for me.

There is no way you can drop a Honda 2.5 inches without experiencing negative camber and excessive wear. Even if you have 15's. There's just no way.

I've never bothered to figure out how many miles I get to my tires. I don't have to buy them often, so that's good enough for me. I'm not saying there is no negative camber or wear from it, I'm simply saying that it's not noticeable to me, and therefore not a problem for me.

You probably can't see the damage being done. After about 10,000 miles you will notice.

Turn your wheel all the way to one side and look at the inner wall of the tire.

Does it look like this?

tire.jpg

Lol.... J/P but it will eventually wear down premature.

CIMG0888.jpg

japanese - i know how to check for wear on the tires, lol :p like i said, maybe they are prematurely wearing down, but it's not noticeable enough for me to care to get a camber kit at this point in time. not to say that i can't see any wear, but that i don't go through tires like crazy and buy them around the same time i would expect to buy them regardless.

as for pics of the car, go here: http://import-tech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4653 . a little hard to tell how low it is in those pics, but i'm pretty sure that's the most recent i have lol.

Why do lowering springs always lower the front more so than the rear? These Skunk2 springs I want lower it 2.2'' in the front and 2.0'' in the rear. My car already sits with the front lower than the rear. Anybody know what's up with that?

So with this 2.2 in the front and 2.0 in the rear..will it make my car sit like the rear tires are 24's? Also, I'm buying a set of HX wheels for 100 bucks tomorrow.

Archived