buying a civic

krunk

i just got my liscense and i really want to get a used civic from year 1995 to 2000. i want to tune it later on. any suggestions of what kind i should get and any tips on buying a used civic like things to look for. my budget is $7000, i wanna get a civic for $5000 and then use the $2000 to tune it.

In my opinion, the 96-00 civics are the best looking, they have the sexiest lines and everything is just perfect.

basic mods to start out with are intake, header, exhaust; after that try an intake manifold, larger throttle body, and a chipped ecu.

You can follow it up with a turbo set up or try a motor swap (go for a b18c1 "gsr")

Probly the first thing to do is to lower it. get some nice wheels (15"-16"s look best) and a 1.5"- 2" drop would be nice.

But thats what i would do, your taste might be different than mine so decide for yourself, these are more like guidelines.

If you are looking for a 95 like you said, you might as well consider the 92-94 too. Same body style pretty much. I love my 94 civic and you can definitely find a 92-95 for uber 5 grand. I have an EH hatch and I paid around 2,500 and everything was in great condition.

If you are looking for a 92 like you said, you might as well consider the 92-94 too. Same body style pretty much. I love my 94 civic and you can definitely find a 92-95 for uber 5 grand. I have an EH hatch and I paid around 2,500 and everything was in great condition.

He said '95-'00 not '92...and I don't know why he said '95 because '95 is different body style than '96-'00

I know why he said 92/94.

Might be because MAYBE he thought dude might've been looking for a 92/95 after making his comment..

It'd be easy to think he might want an eg..what's three years prior to that..not much.

Archived