b20 vtec

hatchciv92

There's a member of this site that sells CP Pistons and I think he deals with either Eagle or Pauter for Rods and maybe crankshafts.

..SSR.. is his user name

There's a member of this site that sells CP Pistons and I think he deals with either Eagle or Pauter for Rods and maybe crankshafts.

..SSR.. is his user name

alright, thank you,.. so what'\s the cheaper way of making it hold???lol

just rebuild the B20 bottom end , get whatever pistons you plan on running , have them sized to the engine , buy oversized pistons. get the stock rods shotpeened and honed , crank balanced and polished. the bottom end clearanced for bearings. get a set of ARP rod bolts. than your engine will be good for 7000 rpm all day long , which is all you need , cause with a B16 head , you wont make any power past that anways. if you want insurance , get aftermarket rods. than if you decide on cams and head upgrade down the road , you will be able to rev to 8000 or past.

just rebuild the B20 bottom end , get whatever pistons you plan on running , have them sized to the engine , buy oversized pistons. get the stock rods shotpeened and honed , crank balanced and polished. the bottom end clearanced for bearings. get a set of ARP rod bolts. than your engine will be good for 7000 rpm all day long , which is all you need , cause with a B16 head , you wont make any power past that anways. if you want insurance , get aftermarket rods. than if you decide on cams and head upgrade down the road , you will be able to rev to 8000 or past.

ok one more question... how bout if i put that b16 head on there without building it and i woudn't try to past 7k what would happen to it/././.??>

you cant dude , it needs rebuilding , its just the way it is.

i had a stock b20 bottom end and got everything tuned i was pulling 8200 but then again it blew the same night so yea listen to these guys build it thats what i did i ran 11.9's all day with a allmotor b20/vtec setup get a forged crank and forged rods with forged studs and you should be fine if you really want to last get cast iron sleeves those crapty aluminum sleeves dont hold crap

you need a crank to make powa i dont know how you buid but here in houston we build to be fast a stock crank will snap at around 350-400 hp

Yes, tard. But you fail to understand that horsepower isn't what snaps crap. It's torque. Aaaand being as Honda's are generally the torqueless wonder of the car world...hmmm...

Archived