how many

Del Sol Driva

The other day i was at work and i was listen to music in my del sol and i put the volume up a little bit and i noticed that theri was only 2 speakers in the car on the door panels. But when I opened the back up i seen that theri was wiring their for 2 more speakers dose it stock wit 4 and the owner befor me took the 2 back ones out (because he was in his 60's) or dose it on coem with 2??????

The other day i was at work and i was listen to music in my del sol and i put the volume up a little bit and i noticed that theri was only 2 speakers in the car on the door panels. But when I opened the back up i seen that theri was wiring their for 2 more speakers dose it stock wit 4 and the owner befor me took the 2 back ones out (because he was in his 60's) or dose it on coem with 2??????

The del sol came stock with 4 speackers 2 in front 2 in back. They are originaly 5.25" all the way around I belive. Some came with advanced speacker systems that had tweeters in the front doors and a differnt type of fitting in the rear. however most likely you have the original set up. I recently converterd all of mine over to 6.5" so if you have any other questions let me know

-Travis

No they were 5.25" all the way around. I had to make custom brackets for all of my speackers (6.5" Alpine Type-R w/ tweeters :devil: ) To prove my point go to dstuning.com and they have a "how-to" for converting the fronts from 5.25" to 6.5" and in order to do the rears I had to literaly cut out almost all of the oriningal housing from the rears just so the 6.5 would fit.

I apologize if I am incorrect....ok after looking at several websites I sit corrected. I'm sorry for any confusion I caused. You were right that my speakers where replaced and with the amount of "custom" fitting and mounting that I did to my sol to make thoes type-r's fit and with the dstuning.com site influencing my opinion I belived that I was correct. However I was worng and again sorry. But if you need any help in the swap of speakers ect. let me know because I most deffently know all about that ****ing stupid rear housings.

-Travis

make a thread or something on a guide on how to do it, I'm sure it would prove valuable to those who will do it in the future. I know ill be asking you in the future on how to do it!

I think thats something that the forum should try and compile, a guide on how to do things on a del sol, and make it in to a webpage, or wiki site that people can add stuff to.

Considering that I have the rears mounted in there now with tweeters the are on top of the rear housings I really dont want to take all of that apart again and then have to make everything fit perfect again. Also I did think of makeing a documentary of how to do this stuff w/ pix and everything but didn't because I didn'tknow where I would post it considering that I wasn't a member here or any other fourm yet. Lastly I don't even knwo how to post pix on this site to begin with

:stupid:

But I am cosidering doing some soder work to the wires that I had to splice in order to make the tweeters work correctly (I have alpine type-r's with external tweeters all the way around, 4 tweeters :dribble: and yes it sounds amazing running through my deck (check my profile for more information) and if i ever figure out how to take pix i will post them becuase I think it looks very impressive.

BTW: if you do need any help please let me know

-Travis

Archived