Mini-me help

Hey i have a few questions for you guys about a mini-me build. First of all i know that using a complete D16 motor and just rebuilding it isnt a mini-me but that is one of my options right now. I can either get a D16Z6 with tranny for 100 bucks but it has some bent valves and a broken timing belt, but still only 100 dollars. Or i could get a D15B7 Block and find a D16Z6 head to do a mini-me. But my question for you is since i am rebuilding the motor from the ground up and am going to be putting in D16A1 pistons for some higher compression, which way would i get my compression higher to go with the D15B7 block and than Vtec head or just rebuild the D16 with the D16A1 pistons. I am curious to find out which way i would get better compression because i am goign to be trying to race it so if anyone could hook me up with some inof it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

D15B7 block bored .5mm and decked .030"

JDM D15B crank

B18A/B rods

D17A7 .5mm over pistons

D16Z6 head

D16Y8 head gasket

11.87:1 CR with killer topend.

Though, with it being built..you can spray the hell out of it. Probably a 125 shot with a nice tune..

Even still, you'd have a deceptive little d-series single cam motor.

Archived