NEED HELP!

ogi1der

OK so I installed my new deck last night and everything was working fine, it sounds great and I was really happy. The deck is a Pioneer DEH-P780MP. I was happy until I went to slide it into the housing where it sits when it's totaly finished and it wouldn't turn on. So I was like wtf and took it out and a pair of wires had come untaped. ( used electrical tape) So I retaped them, much better and tried again... Didn't work. I took all the wires and untaped then retaped them. Still didn't work. I checked the radio and cig. lighter fuse. They were both fine. So I used a tester on the power wires to see if they had power. One did and the other didn't . (the red on has power in the deck but the yellow dosen't). I was literaly in my grerage until 1:20ish am trying to figure out whats worng. So this morning on my way to work i noticed the clock in the dash wasn' working either, so I checked the dashboard lights fuse and thats fine. HELP!!! Thanks

-Travis

i have the DEH-P770MP , lol. only difference is full color display. check the inline fuse on the decks wire harness. and make sure you have a good ground. if you have the deck wired in properly , accessory and ground and power , and your fuses are good , than your deck could be fried from you crossing power to ground.

OK so I installed my new deck last night and everything was working fine, it sounds great and I was really happy. The deck is a Pioneer DEH-P780MP. I was happy until I went to slide it into the housing where it sits when it's totaly finished and it wouldn't turn on. So I was like wtf and took it out and a pair of wires had come untaped. ( used electrical tape) So I retaped them, much better and tried again... Didn't work. I took all the wires and untaped then retaped them. Still didn't work. I checked the radio and cig. lighter fuse. They were both fine. So I used a tester on the power wires to see if they had power. One did and the other didn't . (the red on has power in the deck but the yellow dosen't). I was literaly in my grerage until 1:20ish am trying to figure out whats worng. So this morning on my way to work i noticed the clock in the dash wasn' working either, so I checked the dashboard lights fuse and thats fine. HELP!!! Thanks

-Travis

dumb question. I just installed a 3800 last week and the pioneer harness has red as the switched power and yellow as battery. I am assuming from your text that you checked with the car (key) off for power. You said the red has power and the yellow didn't? well with car off and key not in ACC position (all the way forward) the red should have no power and yellow is hot. Are lines backwards? simple things

The clock is suspect of the yellow, battery, connection. there is a fuse box in the engine bay that might have the battery connection too. Sounds like that is dead.

Simple test run a wire directly from battery + side to the yellow lead on stereo and see if it comes on.

Or even simplier, just bridge the red to both red and yellow (lose memory function on deck) but it should come on too.

Then you know you popped a fuse somewhere.

Just go in and check which wires are hot when the car is off, and then turn the key and see which 2 wires are hot now. That will answer it for ya. If you accidentally let a wire ground out on the metal housing or something then you probably have blown a fuse, go check all of those too.

Check the fuses under the dash and under the hood.

Hay guys thanks again for your helpI would have said this yesterday however the night before yesterday when i was driving on my way to work I saw another sol, it was kitted and looking pritty so i thought i would say hello. I was already at the stop sign he was coming up to and i ripped past him and shifted into 2nd around 6000, it was at that point the tires chirped, which was the original plan. However slowing down at the next stop light I heard a tyoe of knocking noise. I felt it in the tranny and under my driver wheel well. So I figured it was the axle. Had my dad pick it up on his way home, and last night we changed it. It's not on the road yet however because the castle nut that goes around the bolt on the ball joint with the cotter pin got stripped and of course it's metric and advanced only had english so now we have to find a new nut but it'll be on the road tonight. and in reguards to the stero it was the 7.5a spare fuse that was blown hunder the hood. SO thanks again guys and I will be sottering the wires together tomarrow morning.

-Travis

Archived