last pics of the sol ever

that last picture looks like something out of the original Del Sol dealer manual

for posterity, can you say what the mileage and price you sold it for?

It wasn't completely stock when I sold it. It has a CAI, header, and a test pipe. I have had combinations of just a catback, header + catback, intake + header + test pipe + exhaust, and intake + header + test pipe. I like the stock exhaust with test pipe, header and intake. it sounds really nice and is fairly loud when you are on the throttle, it has kind of a growl, but when you aren't driving enthusiastically its nice and quiet.

edit: I found a clip of the exhaust. the car also has an agressive clutch, as you can tell from the video :p

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v348/RF1...=Picture045.flv

yea, but the handling sucks when you do that to a del sol. ( like that h22 mid engine one). the mr2 is known for great handling, and it came that way from the factory.

man, I didn't even notice you had a WS6. SLP, typical. lol j/k. they are pretty quick. I am gonna try for the gen 3 3SGTE because they have a better turbo, larger injectors, standard LSD, and they got rid of that TVIS system with 8 intake runners. that specific motor wasn't offered in the u.s., and I believe that the mr2 with the 245hp 3SGTE is supposed to run a 12.9 stock. :o

Maybe back in it's prime. Of course, a featherweight car with 245 should run something quick like that..

What, with as little wheelspin as they have.

And the ONLY reason I went with SLP is because I haven't heard a LOT of good things out of Hooker or Or PaceSetter.

HAHA... You said hooker...

BDS, what did you do with your exhaust?

I still have my full catback exhaust. and a brand new OEM exedy clutch. both for sale I guess.

I think if I had that car/motor setup I would be trying to hit mid-high 13's.

I wasn't saying anything bad about SLP, I was just joking. I know they are a good company.

Archived