Clearing CEL codes

So I asked this question in my other current thread but so far everyone's been staying out of that and I really do want an answer.

When I reset an ECU by pulling the fuse and counting to 20 before putting it back in, would that clear any existing CEL codes that it's throwing, or do I have to go someplace to get them checked and cleared that way? Also, is there a good, cheap place to get them checked or should I just connect the wire to the two plugs under the dash and count the blinks myself?

Thanks.

So I asked this question in my other current thread but so far everyone's been staying out of that and I really do want an answer.

When I reset an ECU by pulling the fuse and counting to 20 before putting it back in, would that clear any existing CEL codes that it's throwing, or do I have to go someplace to get them checked and cleared that way? Also, is there a good, cheap place to get them checked or should I just connect the wire to the two plugs under the dash and count the blinks myself?

Thanks.

Count them yourself = Free :p

Resetting the ECU will get rid of any codes it was throwing that are no longer applicable.

You can reset the ecu by removing the fuse or equally disconnecting the battery. Not sure about checking codes as I only know how to on obd0

In my manual I dled from hung's sig it says to connect a wire to these two plugs under the dash and count the blips of the CEL. Gonna do that.

Will resetting my ECU by pulling the fuse reset my clock if I do it right? Cuz so far only disconnecting my battery has done that.

Will resetting my ECU by pulling the fuse reset my clock if I do it right? Cuz so far only disconnecting my battery has done that.

Not positive but i dont think it should.

could be wrong though.

Yeah, my friend didn't think it should either.

Gonna check the codes soon, hopefully tomorrow. I expect it's just oxygen sensor. Then I'm gonna give up on wiring and sell it as is. Already got a buyer who knows the details and can prolly fix it since he's done several swaps in his time.

Archived