parts compatibility between eg hb, sedan & coupe

Xeryon

I hit a speed bump at about 3 mph and bottomed out. The car isn't even dropped! The resulting hit busted my exhaust pipe clean off from the flange bracket that held it to the cat.

Anyway, i suppose that makes this a good time to replace my exhaust. I have my heart set on an Apexi, WS1 or WS2. I like the subtle sound and the new NOIR series is exactly what I was hoping to find. Decent sound without a 3" chrome coffee can sticking out the ass of the car.

My car is a 95 Civic DX Sedan, but all of the exhausts for just about every manufacturer I have found only list compatibility as Sedan or HB. Is the Sedan exhaust the same as the Coupe exhaust or the Hatch exhaust? Or is it entirely different and I'm SOL?

I would have asked Apexi HQ but they were already closed when I called.

now that and this sill confuses me further.

162-KH01 Civic 1992 - 1995 DX Coupe 60mm; 115mm

162-KH02 Civic 1992 - 1995 Hatchback 60mm; 115mm

directly from one of apexi's other product lines. they have the hb and coupe listed as two different products, so i doubt they are the same. the sedan has to match one of them. what would have been the point of designing yet another exhaust layout in the Honda factory to have to deal with?

the only difference between the hatch and coupe is a little bit more piping. like literaly maybe a 1/2" longer over all.

anyone else out there with a little more info on this? some of the regs and/or people who do regular service work to hondas should be able to have some input on this, cough cranny, cough, cough.

Not to worried about if I have to trim it to fit. The exhaust isn't stainless, so just lopping the flange off and reattaching it a couple inches down won't be a problem if I need to. Any exhaust shop monkey can do that without screwing it up too badly.

i put a stock civic ex exhaust on my cx hatch and it rubbed a little on the heat shield befor the gas tank. thats where that extra length comes from. it's not much.

Archived