Licence Plate Housing

ogi1der

Ok so my friend with his stupid little jetta rear ended me... Now I have to tear off the rear bumper, however theres a problem. I got everything to come off except the licence plate houseing thing. To describe this better I removed the carpet, all the rubber stuff, got the tail lights out, got all the screws out but the only thing left are these two screws that hold the licence plate houseing thing into the trunk and they are held on it look like by some rubber thing? I really don't know what it is. My only thought is to grind them off so I can get the bumper off. (I need to do this because he hit me @ around 15MPH and broke the supports, and the only way to get to them is to take the bumper off) So please HELP and if you have pictures they would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks

-Travis

i just did this when i repainted my car last summer. you need to get some pliers or something similiar, with a lock grip. these are actually bolts, but they are round which is really dumb because it makes them very hard to get off. they will unscrew, you just need something that can grab onto them and not slip

yeah dont be afraid to go hard on them. theres sort of a rubber coating on it if i remember correctly. i didnt put them back on, i got some nuts with the same thread pattern and put those on incase i ever need to take it off again

Thats most likely what I'll do as well, and hopefully I'll have the spare time to do it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, this was really helpfull

-Travis

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but yea it worked great i used a pair of vicegrips and took the suckers right off. If i can figure out how to post pics I will of the bumper off. thanks again

-Travis

Archived