B18C into my EG hatch?

SamLach

Hey all,

I had a few questions about the swap I'm going to be doing in a few weeks or so. I am ordering a B18c for my 94 civic. I have done a lot of reading in multiple write-ups so I have a basic knowledge of the procedure, but there are some questions I still have:

-I am doing a A to M conversion during the swap and some guy at my work said it was EXTREMELY difficult because of the hydraulic pressure system? and getting the pressure right in the clutch? Can someone shed light on what exactly is involved with doing the conversion and if this stuff my co-worker said is credible?

-Does the B18c drop right into the engine bay without new mounting brackets? I heard that I only need the passenger bracket and the others will work.

-Will I have to mess with how it fits in the car because it's a JDM engine and a USDM car

-What will I have to do wiring harness wise? Will the B18c "plug" right in or will I need to do some major wiring? If I need to do some extensive wiring (or any at all I guess), do you guys know of a write-up for that or a diagram or something? Also, what is involved in wiring Vtec?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey all,

I had a few questions about the swap I'm going to be doing in a few weeks or so. I am ordering a B18c for my 94 civic. I have done a lot of reading in multiple write-ups so I have a basic knowledge of the procedure, but there are some questions I still have:

-I am doing a A to M conversion during the swap and some guy at my work said it was EXTREMELY difficult because of the hydraulic pressure system? and getting the pressure right in the clutch? Can someone shed light on what exactly is involved with doing the conversion and if this stuff my co-worker said is credible?

-Does the B18c drop right into the engine bay without new mounting brackets? I heard that I only need the passenger bracket and the others will work.

-Will I have to mess with how it fits in the car because it's a JDM engine and a USDM car

-What will I have to do wiring harness wise? Will the B18c "plug" right in or will I need to do some major wiring? If I need to do some extensive wiring (or any at all I guess), do you guys know of a write-up for that or a diagram or something? Also, what is involved in wiring Vtec?

Thanks in advance :)

- Buy a 5 foot -4 steel braided line from earls and that will take care of the hydrolics. Do a search for the rest of the A to M conversion.

- The b18c usually drops in your car, JDM or USDM makes no difference. In your case, you will need to buy an auto to manual passenger side mount from hasport or equivilent.

-Yes it will plug right in but you will have to wire VTEC. You run wires from ECU to Head. Here is a diagram.

92-95 VTEC wiring diagram

92-95 VTEC ECU pin diagram

Um... You are also gonna need a motor mount set, axles, clutch and some other stuff I can't think of right now.

B engines drop right into EG civics to my knowledge. I'll get axles from a junkyard and the clutch comes iwth the engine (buying from Hmotorsonline)

Your right on the mount part, all you need for the axles is the half shaft, and you're gonna want to replace the clutch anyway. You have no idea how good of condition the clutch is in, or if will even grab. Just my 0.02.

Heard that you have to drive under 2500 rpm for 500 miles to break a new clutch in. this true? sounds dumb to me.

did a search on google and everywhere i've read says 200-300 miles of driving normally through stop and go traffic before doing any heavy use and to not get to the clutch too hot during this break in period.

for axles , he will leave the B series half shaft on the engine , and get some integra axles. as far as clutch break in , dont beat it and dont ride it for few hundred clicks.

if your ordering the engine from japan your gonna need a usdm wiring harness japanese ones dont work for usdm cars and for a clutch get a exeedy stage 2 clutch one of the best clutches and not to pricey an good choice in swap most ppl put weak lil single cam vtecs

for axles , he will leave the B series half shaft on the engine , and get some integra axles. as far as clutch break in , dont beat it and dont ride it for few hundred clicks.

The b series half shafts are different between auto and manual. You cannot use an automatic halfshaft on a manual tranny.

if your ordering the engine from japan your gonna need a usdm wiring harness japanese ones dont work for usdm cars and for a clutch get a exeedy stage 2 clutch one of the best clutches and not to pricey an good choice in swap most ppl put weak lil single cam vtecs

B18c is DOHC

The b series half shafts are different between auto and manual. You cannot use an automatic halfshaft on a manual tranny.

What half shaft am I looking for? Does the one that comes with the complete change over on Hmotorsonline not work on my car? If not, which car do I need to pull one from?

Does it matter which Integra I take it from? Since the B18c is a teg engine and it is a complete swap, can I just use the axles that come with the engine?

The engine Btw

Sweet :) Looks like this swap should go pretty smoothly then :D

I may have some minor questions later but I think that's all for now. I'll be sure to post a project log :D

Thanks all!

Archived