How do you remove center console?

TrailMystic

I started to replace the fan speed control heater switch today. I have to remove the center console and radio to get to the climate control unit, but I can't separate the center console pieces. I removed all 6 screws from both sections. I can unplug the lighter wires under the ashtray. But, those console sections just won't separate. What's the secret? Is there a hidden fastener somewhere?

Thanks,

Pete

I don't know, but if they're like the door panels they have clips hidden around the rim of them and you need to slide your fingers around the edges and unfasten them. That or there are some other hidden fasteners.

first remove the piece where your elbow is, should be 4 screws.

the part around the shifter is kinda hard to get out. take off your shift knob and that trim piece i think theres a couple screws. pull the corners of the piece in the footwell area out and rotate the whole thing up towards you. its a tight fit but make sure you dont scratch up your dash. the ebrake has to be all the way up as well

Oh, shoot! I was thinking dashboard for some reason! Yeah, do what he says. That's how I did it way back when I first had bought my sol and was cleaning it up real good.

Archived