Getting a Viper alarm system

Joe W

Like the title says I plan on buying a viper alarm system this summer, but I have a question about installation. I have read that installing an alarm can be difficult, so I was wondering if anyone had some advice. Should I just take it to a professional to install or is the task not out of reach to do myself. Keep in mind I have manual locks and manual windows, and the system im looking at has keyless entry so I would need a power lock conversion?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Take it to a local circuitcity that where I got mine installed. Also look to see if they have a pain inducer instock,( I have 3 in my car ) its only like 5 bucks but if they get into the car they wont want to stay in. Another thing Alot of people skip out on is a car alarm back-up battery, so if they disconnect the main battery it wont effect the alarm. which I also picked up at circuitcity. We had about 5 cars broken into at my jobs parking lot within 3 weeks ..im not trying to be next on the list.So I got a new alarm.

Just paid for it about 30 min ago some people should look into it if they love there car like I do.

Its a Scytek Visionguard VG 8000 Camera Alarm $320.00

Here is a pic.

d9981bq5.jpg

Here is what it offers:

only system with a 65,000 color TFT LCD 1.1" screen

Only sysem with a camera that can send photos to your remote instantly!

on-board relays make for a much cleaner install and many fewer wires

best adaptive voltage sensing system out there for those looking to save time by not chasing hard to find tach wires

easiest feature programming of any combo unit out there

System features:

Full color camera with night vision

Automatic picture capture upon security violation

Selective picture capture through COLOR LCD Remote

Store and recall up to 10 different images on COLOR LCD Remote

Main unit with built- in Scynet Network Interface Port

(1) Carbon Fiber 2-Way confirming TRUE COLOR PICTURE remote control

(1) 5 button sleek Carbon Fiber random code hopping remote transmitter with blue LED -makes it impossible for unauthorized remote copying

high output 6 tone siren

tach or voltage sensing (tachless) operation

dual stage shock sensor- protects against exterior impact

BLUE status led

coded emergency override/ valet switch

keyless entry

two stage door unlocking

starter interrupt

horn honk

illuminated entry

turbo timer

power trunk/ hatch release output

programmable passive/ active arming

programmable remote start run time

programmable auto rearming

quick stop/pit stop mode-allows you to keep car running when making quick stop without leaving keys in it

selectable built in + or - light flash output

cold start timer

gas or diesel compatible

remote panic with smart unlock

Qualifies for insurance discounts

MUCH MORE...

Thanks, but i know that im getting a Viper system. About how much did it cost for the install?

Anyone else have experience with installing alarm systems because I would like to do it myself if its not too much trouble.

Thanks, but i know that im getting a Viper system. About how much did it cost for the install?

Anyone else have experience with installing alarm systems because I would like to do it myself if its not too much trouble.

Just checked out my bank report. It was no more then 55 bucks.. But thats with a employee discount. better off just to get it done its not that much.

The alarm info was for anyone else looking to upgrade there alarm.. Vipers are good too.

Ok so it shouldnt be more than 100 for installation? Does that include the power door lock conversion or will that have to be done too for extra.

It's not really a PDL conversion. They just install actuators in the door that push and pull your locks when you hit the alarm. There are no switches in the cab that you use, unlike cars that come from the factory with PDL's. You will have to pay extra per door.

Good call on the Viper, you should be happy.

actuators

Ok thanks that helps. I thought thats all they were is actuators, but i didnt want to end up without the right things for the install.

Archived