New DelSol owner, do i have a Vtec or not?

tr6lover

Hello all!

I just bought a Samba Green 1993 DelSol Si and it needs an engine. I'm confused though about what type of engine it has in it. The block states its a d16Z6 engine but the valve cover doesnt say VTEC on it and from what iver researched, all 93 SI models were 1.6 SOHC VTEC engines...Do i have a VTEC or a Non-VTEC engine? I want to keep it stock so the same engine needs to go in that same out of it.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

its a SOHC vtec good for 125 horsepower.the DOHC vtec has vtec on the valve cover and around 160 horsepower. BTW valve cover gaskets are different for the s model (non vtec),this caused me an extra trip to the parts store as they were not aware of the difference.block ID is stamped into the front of the block below the valve cover if that helps any...

its a SOHC vtec good for 125 horsepower.the DOHC vtec has vtec on the valve cover and around 160 horsepower. BTW valve cover gaskets are different for the s model (non vtec),this caused me an extra trip to the parts store as they were not aware of the difference.block ID is stamped into the front of the block below the valve cover if that helps any...

another way to tell is if the spark plugs are closer to the firewall its non vtec.if the sparkplugs are closer to the bumper then its vtec

Archived