Fixing Rattle In Trunk Hood

maccodemonkey

I just got a 2004 Accord V6 Coupe, and the one thing that is pissing me off is there is this rattle in the trunk hood. It sounds like something is loose in there. When you open and close the trunk hood, you can hear whatever it is in there rolling up and down. And when I drive, you can sometimes here something rattling and rolling in the back/trunk region.

Tonight I tried getting under the upholstery on the underside of the trunk hood to get a look and try to find whatever was rolling around. There are these plastic screws holding it into place, and I tried unscrewing them and popping them out, and neither really worked, and I didn't want to damage anything.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be rattling inside the trunk hood? Is it somewhere I'd probably be able to get too? Any guides to taking apart the trunk hood?

is it your jack not secured all the way? or maybe something in or around the spare tire well?

It's actually the top part of the trunk, the hatch I guess would be a better word for it.

Anyway, I got it out. I had to stick a magnetic probe down below the fabric through one of the holes in the medal that goes into the hollow inside of the hatch. It was this golden colored screw. I don't think it belonged inside the hatch, probably was put in there at some point by someone at the dealer... :dry:

Archived