stroker kits on b18a or b20b

90TurboSI

yooo .. ive posted things before asking bouy my setup on my b18 turbo and stuff and i did say i wanted to build it to handle that turbosetup and boost setting i wanted. before i stated that im buildin my head on the b18 with

stage 2 turbo cams by crower

full valvetrain by crower with a 3 angle valve job

all new gaskets

then i was looking around at stroker kits and i liked the fact of adding displacement plus it gives me everything i planned on doing in the first place which included in this kit by crower

Crower 4340 forged crank (92mm or 95mm for B18/B20 or 84.5mm or 89mm for B16) or Crower 4340 steel billet crank (any desired stroke).

Crower 4340 billet stroker rods. Custom length.

JE/CP/Arias custom pistons. Modified pin boss for longer rod, specify compression (7:1 - 14+:1) & bore size (81-87mm).

Premium, H-11 tool steel wrist pins, gapless rings and locks.

ACL rod, main, thrust bearings included with kit.

Crower internal balancing for drop in installation.

i have someone thats gonna instal and work my motor hes builds race cars but does imports or whatever on the side .... hes already built my friends accord f22 head and another one of my friends rx-7's so

before i get responces on what i have now ill state what i have now on my b18

t3t4 turbo 61trim

38mm tial wastegate

hks ssqv blow off

skunk 2 pro series intake manifold

aem adj. cam gears

aem high fuel rail

440cc rc injectors

255lph walbro fuel pump

chipped ecu with boost control and rev limter and speed limter turned off

skunk2 2.5 inch exhaust with 3 inch turbo downpipe

ls cable tranny with quafe LSD

8lbs flywheel stage 3 exedy clutch

then i would have to get sleves for the block

but i was wondering if it was worth it buying the stroker kit for about $2,200? i was telling a buddy of my mine that builds 240sx and he was like the kits for the sr20det motors are garbage and dont really give them anymore power considering most of the internal parts are already forged. the he was like look around on the forums so here i am.

i was also considering buy a b20 motor for like 500 cause them motors are expensive and they do put out more power then the b18 and just building that up using my current turbo setup and everything i have and bought sofar.

basically what i want to have its about 275-300 whp running around 18-20psi after extensive tuning so let me know what you think and what i should do or whatever thanks

i'd say a b20 with a b16/b18c head (cr/vtec) then boost that if you want displacement with boost. but thats just because i'm not fond of stroker kits in a 4 banger.

edit: what b18 do you have? you could most likely make those numbers on a stoke bore and stroke with forged internals.

i'd say a b20 with a b16/b18c head (cr/vtec) then boost that if you want displacement with boost. but thats just because i'm not fond of stroker kits in a 4 banger.

edit: what b18 do you have? you could most likely make those numbers on a stoke bore and stroke with forged internals.

i have a 92 b18a ... i considered doing an lsvtec conversion before but i dont like the whole fact of the frankenstein stuff ...plus i dont really know what exactly i would need to make it work properly... i wanna use the b18 rather then the b20 ... i just dont see an cr-v motor being fast but it was recommened to me by a friend so ...

a b20 could be a mean motor. if you don't want to do an ls/vtec build you could swap a b18c instead. it's less work for the most part, in my opinion.

B20 is the same as a B18A/B, just has 3mm of additional bore.

With the mods you have, stroking is a waste of time. All you need to do is put some rods/pistons in it, bigger injectors, better intake manifold, and turn the boost up.

B20 is the same as a B18A/B, just has 3mm of additional bore.

With the mods you have, stroking is a waste of time. All you need to do is put some rods/pistons in it, bigger injectors, better intake manifold, and turn the boost up.

Skunk2 already has good intake manifold so what brand would u choose ... I was already thinking of gettin bigger injectors. I was planning to get JE pistons with eagle rods. I just wanna be able to turn up the boost safely without anything happening to my motor.

Skunk2 is good for all motor, not boost.

Edelbrock Victor-X or Full-Race

CP Pistons > JE

What's the differenct betwee the edelbrock manifold and the skunk2? Cp over JE pistons ? Do u think I would still need to sleeve my block to handle more boost? Different crankshaft??

Edelbrock was made for race 2.0L NA and high power turbo.

Skunk2 was made for street 1.8 NA.

Can't compare JE to CP.

Don't need to sleeve.

Stock cranks can take 800hp+

Edelbrock was made for race 2.0L NA and high power turbo.

Skunk2 was made for street 1.8 NA.

Can't compare JE to CP.

Don't need to sleeve.

Stock cranks can take 800hp+

ohh i seee .... ummm alright then i just wanted to see what others would say bout what i want todo. i just wanna make sure my motor will be able to handle whatever boost i wanna set it at ... anything else u should know or do ???

pistons , rods and bolts dude is all you need as far as making the engine able to handle the power.

Anything else I should need to do or know as far as obtaining more hp and tq?

Archived