well i have a 2gig nano right now that i bought for $250 bucks new a couple of years ago(not knowing that if i put another 50 bucks towards it i would get 15 times the memory) :rant: yes im an idiot

anyways i want a 30 gig and i was wondering...

i tried to set up someones ipod not to long ago (NANO) and they dont come with software anymore (but i already had i-tunes) so i figured that i could just plug it up, register it, and start with the music.(ive set up plenty of ipods) but for some reason it wouldnt work. now another friend tried to put music on it without using i-tunes and i think thats wat messed it up. but i was curious as to wat i need to do when i get MY new ipod?

do the new 30 gig ipods come with software?

how do u set it up? is it just like...plug it in, register it, and start putting music on?

thanx

The Nano doesn't come with the install CD because of the size of the packaging (I doubt the newer Shuffles would have it either.) The video iPod has it included in the package.

You should be able to just plug and play with it. I had no problems converting from my old 20 gig click wheel to my 30 gig video.

Even the newer 30 gigs don't come with software anymore. I just bought the 30 gig video and I had to download the software from apple. But ten minutes later was putting videos and music on it.

Even the newer 30 gigs don't come with software anymore. I just bought the 30 gig video and I had to download the software from apple. But ten minutes later was putting videos and music on it.

Hmm, that's weird. My 30 gig video was an xmas present and it had the cd in it, not that I needed it.

you dont need the cd. i had the old 2gig and got a new 30gig and just plugged it right in and it updated eveything. if you are having a problem just uninstall the softwear and then go to itunes.com and re-DL it. no u will not lose your music bc its saved on your comp not on ur softwear.

just a sugestion get an extrenal hd, i have all my music stored on a WD500 external HD, doent rob my space and if my LT crashes i will not lose all my music.

this is usually where ur music is stored (default for itunes) C:\Documents and Settings\Krissi\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music

so if u do need to reinstall it then once u locate where your music is stored, open itnues, go to file, add folder to libary, then it will add all your music into the redownlaoded Itunes-

hope this helps a bit

you dont need the cd. i had the old 2gig and got a new 30gig and just plugged it right in and it updated eveything. if you are having a problem just uninstall the softwear and then go to itunes.com and re-DL it. no u will not lose your music bc its saved on your comp not on ur softwear.

just a sugestion get an extrenal hd, i have all my music stored on a WD500 external HD, doent rob my space and if my LT crashes i will not lose all my music.

this is usually where ur music is stored (default for itunes) C:\Documents and Settings\Krissi\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music

so if u do need to reinstall it then once u locate where your music is stored, open itnues, go to file, add folder to libary, then it will add all your music into the redownlaoded Itunes-

hope this helps a bit

that does help and i appreciate it much.

...just found out im flying to mississippi this thursday soooo the ipod is on hold. and im lookin at a new geeetar for some reason too. hobbies :crazy::mad: dout itll happent though

thanx

I <3 my WD external, lol. Plus, they connect to both PC's and Macs so it's nice to just move it from the Mac to PC whenever I feel like it.

Anyway, one other possibility with the problem could be due to the wire you were using to connect. Were you using firewire or USB? My old one used firewire, but apparently the new ones require the USB wires?

Archived