idea for performance upgrade

RSX-S-T

Well I am buying the following parts for my car and want to get it tuned but I kinda want to add one more performance upgrade to the mix for alittle more power. Any ideas? And I want the mod to be compatable with a turbo upgrade so I dont have to take it off when I finally go turbo.

parts to be purchased

1 hondata k-pro

2 DC short shift adapter

3 cat-back exaust

4 LSD Quaife

5 18in tenzo R GF7's on yokohomas

6 DC strut bars front and rear

note: already have CAI, and yes the intake and exaust will go when I go turbo but I can sell them and live with that. lol

Why would the exhaust go? Just get one big enough for your turbo setup but not too big so you don't lose too much power now.

Get the hondata IM gasket. I hear those do well with RSXs.

Well this is basically the first step/or first phase of parts I am putting on to get to my goal of what I want. The turbo kit I want to go with has a 3in downpipe. and most aftermarket exausts are 2 and a half unless I go with a turbo exaust. And once I get to that point I wanna get a custom exaust. But til then I figure I'll just get a good aftermarket one for 600 or so them just sell that and my intake for cheap, which I am sure wont be too hard. Since those are basically the first upgrades people ever do ya know.

I have heard about the IM gasket aswell, its supposed to add like 5hp or some crap I think. Not a bad Idea. I wonder how hard that will be to put on or if I pay for it how much it will cost? I was thinking about cams but I am sure once I get the kit and stuff together they wont work with the setup.

You know what though, I have enough money to do everything right now but I just dont see myself spending like 12000 on my car all at once so like I said I am doing it in stages.

well there isn't a lot of room to work with in an rsx engine bay, but since the IM is right in front of you, i don't see why it'd be hard to put the IM gasket on....

K-pro is awesome, my buddy used that to run his S/C RSX-S and it was an awesome program.

If you do get cams, make sure you look into whether or not they can handle boost or not....some do, some don't.

With cams, I'd look into cam gears and valve springs/retainers...maybe even valves.

Before you just throw a turbo kit on there, def lower your CR to 9.5:1 with CP, Weisco, or JE Pistons, and look into eagle rods w/ arp rod bolts, but don't install that until you tear everything apart to put the turbo on there.

LSD was a great purchase, congrats with that.

Look into a 70mm throttle body, but don't put it on till you boost....

There's really no point in modifying your car with parts that you'll have to take off when you boost, just start compiling parts now that can be used with boost, but then again, that's just my opinion.

Yeah thats basically what I am doing. I am going to run this setup I have there for awhile, and buy parts for my turbo upgrade. I just want a little more power til then. Cause I wanna do it right. I'm not going to be the guy whos running a kit on all stock internals. Plus its going to be at least a year after I install this stuff til I put it all together and get it how I want it. Its just too much money. But the whole exaust thing, I wont care about selling it. Thats too easy.

So no other ideas besides a IM gasket? Really anything will help because I dont have a clue at this point. If I didnt plan on going turbo then Id have tons of options but I cant think of any other performance upgrades that I wouldnt have to change once I do. I just dont think I will be satisfied. I need more power! lol :devil:

Yeah I have seen tons of cams for the K20, and some that are made especially for boost. I will look into if I can run them without the turbo and make more power with them. Crower makes good cams, toda, skunk2 etc. Everything else you mentioned I wont put on til I turbo which basically I plan to just buy a few things at a time and spend about 3000 to get everything installed all at once. I know a guy that is running a similar setup to what I want. cost him about 12000 to get everything and install it + tune. And he got it all done at a place in jacksonville FL which is right by where I am from.

To sum it up, I am deployed as we speak. I have lots of money saved up but am not going to spend all that money right when I get home on my car. So I figure like 5 or 6 G's is a good start. After this crap I deserve it I think. And then just go from there. I am just trying not to go too crazy with the money you know. Easy come easy GO!

6 G's not really,

1. LSD 900

2. k-pro 1600 because I have a 06

3. rims + the tires I want 1600

4. DC short shift adapter + strut bars 500

thats $4600 right there. But its all stuff I need really, so I dont mind spending it. And the only things I would sell is the exaust which I didnt list, 600. And the intake, which is already on my car. So the intake is going to go regardless. Full-Race stage 1 or 2 GT kit is what I wanna run and thats like 5000. I wont buy any other kit.

My HP goal is around 400 or so. I think I would be running 12's. Stage 1 gt kit is a max of about 400 so thats why I am between stage 1 or 2. Would suck if I was making too much power and blew up a new turbo. And I want it to be streetable, sometimes drag.

6 G's not really,

1. LSD 900

2. k-pro 1600 because I have a 06

3. rims + the tires I want 1600

4. DC short shift adapter + strut bars 500

thats $4600 right there. But its all stuff I need really, so I dont mind spending it. And the only things I would sell is the exaust which I didnt list, 600. And the intake, which is already on my car. So the intake is going to go regardless. Full-Race stage 1 or 2 GT kit is what I wanna run and thats like 5000. I wont buy any other kit.

Dude, you don't know how to look for bargain crap ANYWHERE do you? 2/3 grand gets you a HALF decent turbo, I KNOW K-pro can be had for less than 1600 bucks, and boooong. There's mid 13's if you can drive at all.

Dan, that shouldn't be a problem for you at all. DA's aren't fatasses like their DC2/DC5 counterparts.

Dude 12's is fast. I want to actually be able to drive the car around though. Yeah drag racing is fun and all but I just want a fast car. I have about 200hp and run a 15. 400hp and 12's sounds about right and is something I could live with and be happy with but who knows. But I do know this, my RSX is my baby and it is going to be a all around sick ride when I am done. I just cant wait to get home and drive it and post some pics on here, asap.

This is my second one actually. I had a 04 stock, took it to the track 1 time (3 runs) best run 15 flat. Wrecked it, R.I.P 04. Now I have a 06 which has new cams 10hp difference, + Injen CAI. But never took it to the track so I am not going to lie and say I have but I am sure I can run a 14.9 maybe a 14.8, maybe. Thats facts man. But you are probably right, and to be honest type S is fast but not really

Dude. The SLOWEST type-s in town, in my area of North Florida, is running 14.6, spinning part of first and hopping part of second. SAME car went on to run 14.3/14.2. All he has is a K&N drop in air filter.

You apparently can't drive, or you bought a turd.

Um yeah what he said. Besides, like I stated before my 04 I took to the track 1 time and that was when I first bought it probably had like 2000 miles on it. And a first time tracker hardly makes you good at it, takes some getting used to. And that was my first real car. Got it like november 03. I can drive a hell of alot better now. Only reason why I went in the first place was cause me and my bud got new cars, he had a STi and we wanted to see what we could get.

• 5 months later...
Um yeah what he said. Besides, like I stated before my 04 I took to the track 1 time and that was when I first bought it probably had like 2000 miles on it. And a first time tracker hardly makes you good at it, takes some getting used to. And that was my first real car. Got it like november 03. I can drive a hell of alot better now. Only reason why I went in the first place was cause me and my bud got new cars, he had a STi and we wanted to see what we could get.

stick to the topic?

deal with the car stock save up about 12 g's an blow it all on the turbo build if you're really wanting power. you should run high 11's or low 12's well maybe mid 11's idk how much whp you'd be running and idk if you granny shift.

dont waste your time buying anything as of now until you can afford almost everything at once

OR go ahead and buy w/e waste about 2 g's because you had to resell for cheaper then you bought it for.

and IMO i think the rims/tires should wait. start with a good suspension.

basically don't do anything until you've done something.

Archived