Mid 90's GMC Seirra custom console.

Ok well I had a project for a Poker buddy....he has a mid 90s GMC seirra. My goal was something not real stand outish but blends cosmetically. Also I was not to use any fiberglass, to keep the cost down. The new console would house a 10" 11kv.3 woofer and be tuned at 32hz. So lets begin....I want to so bad during this build to "get funky" but had to keep telling my self " nice and simple!"

stock boring OEM console, only good for hiding illegal drugs and weapons in.

and dusty from my shop.

100_1278.jpg

I built the console in 3 peices, the middle and the 2 sides.....to help me with a nicer vinyl job.

the center

100_1274.jpg

center with port

100_1275.jpg

the sides with caridge bolts attatched for assembling

100_1276.jpg

100_1277.jpg

now time for the "XPLICT AUDIO" raised XA

100_1279.jpg

wrap it in vinyl

100_1280.jpg

100_1281.jpg

100_1282.jpg

100_1283.jpg

all done now just waiting for the 11kv.3 to get here and I will then repost pics of it installed.

cliff notes

from this ....:(

100_1278.jpg

to this...:)

100_1281.jpg

just a couple of updates before install pics......teaser pics.

100_1284.jpg

100_1285.jpg

I am sure this has been seen 10,000 times but mine is special.....well because it is mnine(not really mine more so a cutomer/poker buddy)

100_1286.jpg

100_1287.jpg

100_1288.jpg

maybe this one was bstock due to the logo not being straight with the mounting holes, oh well

100_1289.jpg

I carpeted the surface that the woofer will befiring into.

100_1290.jpg

inside the little cubby area....must be sleeping.

100_1291.jpg

100_1292.jpg

pre wired to help with the install, just waiting on him to bring his amplifier to wrap things up.

100_1293.jpg

console just chillin.....and why not it was nice that day.

100_1294.jpg

NExT up install pics.

damn thats clean man, cant wait to see it in the truck. how do you get the vinyl to fit the X? do you just heat it up and stretch?

I wish it was that easy, it would have been easier taking it out for dinner and suducung it on the front lawn. Actually it is a "XA" for xplicit audio.... i wanted to get a bit more creative with it , but my poker budy was working with a budget and wanted it simple.

heated it up and rubbed it down trying to avoid wrinkles and non sticking places....I finished it at 5:30 am and was about to just stop but I pressed on and got it together.

damn I wish some of you guys were near or that shipping was not ao much for enclosures....If I made a corner mounted 10" woofer box for a light weight yet effective 10" woofer(the one in my car now and in the above console) would some be interested?...I would glass it to fit right in the corner of the rear corner of the car, I would have to find a 90 coupe,delsol and even some acuras to borrow for a few days, but if I have the time I am up for anything. Glass would be lighter to ship and I coulr wrapp it before I ship it out. Just tossing thoughts up in the air.

Looks clean man, I break my sub box apart so much i dont have time for the cosmetics.

I would have liked to see the center console in fiberglass. . you would have been able to get alot more creative with it. .

I drive a big truck. 1999 Suburaban. . . whats weird though, is when you actually start installing stuff in it, you realize you really dont have as much room as you thought you did to install stuff throughout the truck because the seats and everything are so over sized.

anyway. . heres my current install. . i plan on breaking it all down and adding a few more monitors and stuff. . i really want to start playing around with fiberglass more.

100_02991.jpg

1 x 18" RE SX - 6.5 cu^ft @ 32HZ

1 x RE 12.1

1 x DEI A404

CDT 6.5" components up front. . cant remember the model # for any of my mids lol . . they are just the classics though

6.5" CDT 2 way drivers in the rear

H.U. - Pioneer AVIC N2

2 x 5 1/2" SPL widescreen monitors in head rests.

Pheonix gold Interconnect wiring

I plan on adding 3 more monitors, another Battery. . .and maybe some glass work around the amp and sub.

^^ where are you located, i do glass and as I said I really had to make my self keep it very, very siomple looking. I can glass me ass off but he( the customer) did not want anything attection grabbing and also needed to keep the cost down......overall I am happy with it and he loves it so I guess I am happy, yo ucant tell but that console is poirted and tuned to 32hz and sounds great.

^^ where are you located, i do glass and as I said I really had to make my self keep it very, very siomple looking. I can glass me ass off but he( the customer) did not want anything attection grabbing and also needed to keep the cost down......overall I am happy with it and he loves it so I guess I am happy, yo ucant tell but that console is poirted and tuned to 32hz and sounds great.

yea, Im not too good with glass, but im pretty pumped on learning it better. Ive done some simple kick panel pods, and rear deck pods but thats about it.

I live in Central Florida over on the East coast

oh yea, i can tell in the second and third pic that its ported :) very nice install.

Archived