wiring vtec

i have a 94 dx hatch. i just got a jdm b16a. the harness on the motor was cut on both sides. im going to do the swap this weekend and i just want some heads up on how to do the vtec wiring. i know i can do everything else but i dont know about the wiring. btw can i use my d shift linkage or no? if i cant will b obd0 linkage work?

Lawls. Why does he need to talk to me?......I didnt have to wire vtec. It was already wired....

You need to add in a knock sensor, vtec pressure switch and vtec solenoid. Wire them to these pins on the ecu.

Knock sensor goes to pin D-3

vtec pressure switch goes to pin D-6

vtec solenoid goes to pin A-4

You will also need B Series shift linkage. Stay away from Del Sol VTEC shift linkage.

ok i got her all in and everything but she wont start. everytime i turn the key all u hear is the fuel pump. i dont think im getting any spark. she wont even try to turn over. my buddy was messing around in the car trying to start it and i was screwing a spark plug back in and as i was doing that he tried starting it and she tried to turn over a few times. i was like wft. after that i could it to do anything. what should i look for or try to do?

If it wont turn over, you need to check if it is your starter first. Try turning the key on, have someone press the clutch for you, and jump the solenoid on the starter. If you get nothing, you will need a new starter. If it turns over but doesnt do it with the key, then its more than likely the ignition switch. After you get it to turn over upon request, then try to start it and try troubleshooting if it still doesnt start.

The problem is that the VC isn't actually touching the head. Rubber in this case is not your friend. find a spot on the side of the block where the timing belt cover bolts on, pull one of the bolts, put your ground cable over the hole between the block and the cover then bolt it back on. Should turn right over.

Archived