Can someone make a copy of '94 owner's manual for me?

TrailMystic

I lost the bid for an owner's manual on Ebay. I thought my maximum bid was more than high enough, but apparently someone wanted it more than me and I wasn't around to monitor the bidding.

I am willing to pay someone to make a good, clean copy of the entire 1994 Del Sol owner's manual. I'll pay you $15 to copy and send it. I already downloaded the tech manual, but I really want to look through the original owner's manual.

Thanks,

Pete

(P.S. How do you post pics in this forum. It's not the same as my 4X4Wire forum)

Not to be a complete douche here, but you both realize that what you're talking about is pretty straightforward copyright violation, right? I mean, this isn't a grey area like DRM free mp3s or "backing up" encrypted DVDs; it's outright intellectual theft.

As long as everyone knows what the score is.

I think you can order one from the dealership for like $20.

Basically the owner's manual is just an overview of the entire car.

here are a few page titles that might change your mind.

Driver And Passenger Safety

The Seatbelt System And How It Works

Supplemental Restraint System

Additional Safety Information

Child Safety

Alcohol And Drugs

Carbon Monoxide Hazard

Reporting Safety Defects

Blah Blah Blah.....

Instruments And Controls

Keys And Locks

Glove Box, Digital Clock

Console Compartment, Cup Holders

Ashtrays, Interior Lights

Heating And Cooling

Service Station Proceedures

Preparing To Drive

Maintenance

Windshield Washers

Spark Plugs, Battery

Changing A Flat Tire

Fuses

Emissions Controls

When I first got my Del Sol I just HAD to have the owners manual too. Let me tell you.....after I got it I just flipped through it and haven't looked at it since until just now. I think I might actually try reading it some night if I find I can't fall asleep....YES it's that boring. Only thing I would recommend it for is if you didn't know what kind of oil to use or tire pressure but seeing as how you have the internet you can just look it up at places like this.

try 200 for a helms at dealer. go to www.hondahookup.com , register , than go to manuals from the homepage and download the manual for your car dude. free. the whole helms manual in PDF.

Not to be a complete douche here, but you both realize that what you're talking about is pretty straightforward copyright violation, right? I mean, this isn't a grey area like DRM free mp3s or "backing up" encrypted DVDs; it's outright intellectual theft.

As long as everyone knows what the score is.

besides the $15 is for the paper.... there just so happens to be a honda manual printed on it.

Yeah, I do agree that the manual is useless. I'll send you mine for 20 bucks. Of course, it looks like it was dunked in the bathtub, but it's still totally readable.

Reewinder is right. It's useless. Just get a Haynes or Helm's manual.

hands up who really gives a hell about copyright violation?especially when its for a car manual...any police on here?just stick it on a random webpage and there we go...

I don't think there is any org. that would enforce criminal statutes, but you could end up in civil court. I'd give the chances of that about 1 in 10m.

I just think its important to break the law knowing you're breaking the law - eyes wide shut is no way to live. If I am going to be a criminal, then should be one; and not delude myself into thinking that because it's a minor violation that it doesn't matter. In other words, I believe it vital to "ball up" and be honest with myself about who am I, morally.

Thanks for the info. I'll take your word for it that the owner's manual is not useful. My 2001 Rodeo ower's manual (Honda Passport) had almost 200 pages of detail, including specs like gear ratios.

Being a writer and author myself, I appreciate the comments about copyright. I assumed that the manual was out of print.

I downloaded the maintenance schedule from Hondahookup. Thanks. Looks like a useful site.

Just one question that is probably answered in the owner's manual. There is a swtich on the driver's door armrest that says "Main." What is that about? It doesn't seem to affect anything.

Pete

Yeah, I can't figure out what that's for either. I mean, there's only one other seat, so I hope you can trust your passenger not to be playing with it. Maybe it's for those rare scenarios when you can't.

Yeah, I can't figure out what that's for either. I mean, there's only one other seat, so I hope you can trust your passenger not to be playing with it. Maybe it's for those rare scenarios when you can't.

I think back in the nineties when child safety was all the rage that Honda just started putting them on all cars. Anyone own another honda from the early or mid-nineties that doesn't have that sort of feature?

Only time I have ever used that switch is when my evil side takes over.

I put the passenger window down and the lock it out so they can't put it back up......while it's raining.

Then I do the "Dr. Evil laugh" and put the pinky finger up to my mouth and demand "One Miiiiiiilllllllliiiiiiiooooooonnnnnn Dollars" to roll it back up.

Then my girlfriend hits me in the arm and I unlock the switch.

o:)

Archived