help me

sounds like your brake switch is not connected. do you have an engine light? use your key dude in the slot to put it in neutral , than start it and throw it in drive. that or its an actual shift linkage problem.

i just got my lsvtec integra runnin its auto with a p72 at ecu and it wont let me take it outta park why is this

i have the same prob... when u put it in part does the parking light come on? proly not. thats the problem...the trans is tecnically in park but its not electrically meaning it doesnt register on the dash which means u cant take it out of park or take the key out of the ignition...

cranny the problem is with ur idea is... if the parking light doesnt come on then u cant get the key out meaning u cant use the shift release control...i just carry a piece of metal to slide into the shift release hole and try to put it in park again so the light comes on.

heres wat i found that works...

take ur center consol apart...there is a set of wires (yellow, i think) on the right side of the shifter that proly went bad. when its in park and wont allow u to put it in drive, just push on the wires and it will engadge into park on the dash allowing u to put it into drive or take the key out. its very hard to explain which is the exact reason u proly didnt understand anything i just said. i hope this was helpful :thumbsup:

i am gonna swap it to manual but no money right now, i am pressing the brake i aint stupid and when i put the key in the shift lock it goes into gear and it goes intogear when its off but not when runnin without a key in the shift lock. i was just wondering if any suggstions on what to do insead of swappin it

Archived