I need help with these wires in a 95 Honda civic

corn0807

Hey I need some help. I was changing the head gasket in my 95 honda civic, one of the sensors ( I think) gave me a hard time releasing from the engine. I accidently pulled too hard and pulled out a green wire w/white stripe, right next to it is a red wire w/ white stripe. Can anyone tell me what this thing does and how can i fix this problem. Much appreciated

Just go to a site like photobucket, register..add pics..

Then link us over to them. If you'll go to "add reply", you'll come to a screen where you can type your text..

Above that is a bar where you can either link pics, or insert the web address that'll link us to a pic quick fast.

Yup.

Almost looks like it goes to your distributor, although I'm not positive. I haven't seen a Honda motor in a bit. Just hang around and wait for a response.

I was reading somewhere that it could possibly be an ECT (Electronic Coolant Temperature) Sensor. If it is the ECT how do i pull the pin out and re-solder it? Could I use an mini screwdriver to push the pin out of the sensor?

Archived