Would this work?

92civicEX

I'm thinking about doing an engine swap sometime in the distant future, and was just brainstorming what motor I would go with. I currently have a d16z6 in my 92 civic EX. I want to stay VTEC for sure. Would putting in a b20 block with a b16 head work? (from what I understand b16's are VTEC, and b20's have a hell of a lot of horses). Let me know. Also, where's a trusty site to look for motors?

B20vtec or CR VTEC

it's a very nice set-up that combines the low end power of the B20 and the high end power of the vtec head, you can also use a B18 vtec head as well.

I'm doing something called lsvtec, which is using a B18A1 or B18B1 block with a vtec head.

If you want a parts list, I can write it all down for you...

Haha, I'm not quite ready to do it yet anyway.. just blew all my money on suspension. I was looking at a few different options on hmotorsonline.com though. Do they come fully built as pictured on the site?

Also, could I put a h22 motor in my civic? I know thats what preludes come with, but those 200hp DOHC VTEC h22 motors sound pretty sick.

Archived