turbo ecu?

civichatch201

i have a b18c1 that i just swapped into my 93 civic hatch and i need to know where i can get my ecu flashed for the turbo or what im suposto do about that i live in michigan very close to detroit so some place around there or something.

ive never had a turbo before and i havce no idea what i need to do to make my car run with it

oh and how much boost can i run on that stock engine

You need a EMS system for your ecu. Hondata is the way to go its the best bang for buck but if you have 2 grand to throw away go with the AEM EMS. You can go with a B18C1 all the way to 300 hp stock I think. Just dont go with a FMU or a AFC hack from apex'i. They are cheap and suck, really bad.

I have been told that 6-8 lbs is fine for stock internals...

If you have a chip in your ecu you can tune with, chrome or uberdata... I dont know too much about those programs but...I know they are out there and I think they are free as well...

I was boosting 10 pounds on my stock gsr motor with an unchipped p72 ecu and 310cc injectors. That lasted a WHIIIILE, however, it improved a LOT when I got it tuned with Hondata.

hondata is expensive, unless you go with like a s100, aem, greddy piggybacks suck and are way expensive, go to i think its xenocron.com get a chip and have them put a basemap on it, then solder it in your ecu or you can have someone do it like a tuner shop. but yea deffinately go with a chip. then get it tuned at a local shop. ive seen people run over 12 psi on stock motor but they are fully tuned. id say 6-8 before tune then whatever your tuner says is safe after that.

well as of right now what is your turbo setup? you definately need bigger injectors if your chippin. or if you really are on a budget you can run it at 8 psi with a fmu but thats not to good of a way to go. GO HERE www.homemadeturbo.com on the left look at the projects look at some of them, then go to the forum look under forced induction, then faq's that should answer any question you have, also look under engine management faq's.

Just get hondata man you will never be dissapointed with them. They have that gear depenendable boost controller inside of them, full throttle shifts, it gives you everything. Just find a good tuner and let him talk to you in person and he can explain the S300 to you or you can just read up on it.

hondata is too much money and you cant tune it yourself really. you can but you cant.

http://www.xenocron.com/

right there. get yourself a chipped ecu preburned to run 10 PSI on your engine. youl need bigger injectors , and youl need to tell the guys burning your ecu what size youl be running before they can do it. 450cc injectors will be fine. hondata charges way too much money for a piggy back system. another example of someone with a good product , but is greedy and price gouges the consumer.

yeah a found a guy who is going to make me an ecu with the hondata program in it and its going to be ready to just be plugged in and ready to be tuned thanks alot for the help and everything of i have any other questions im sure ill post again

hondata is too much money and you cant tune it yourself really. you can but you cant.

http://www.xenocron.com/

right there. get yourself a chipped ecu preburned to run 10 PSI on your engine. youl need bigger injectors , and youl need to tell the guys burning your ecu what size youl be running before they can do it. 450cc injectors will be fine. hondata charges way too much money for a piggy back system. another example of someone with a good product , but is greedy and price gouges the consumer.

xenocron doesn't offer anything for obdII or did i just miss it?

Archived