Airbags

spoons2k

Hi everyone, nice place by the way. I was wondering if I could get some advice from you lot :) . I'm looking to buy my first S2000, however, the airbags are deployed (car hasn't been damaged to badly though). I have found out prices for airbags, however, I was wondering, how one would go about fitting them.

Will I be able to do this myself or do I need to have special equipment in which case it will have to be the dealers who need to carry out the repairs?

Thanks

10 mins is fine to wait. they wont deploy with the battery unhooked. make sure everything is plugged in before hooking batt back up. i dont know about a whole new dash , they design them to be able to replace i thought so.

• 2 weeks later...

thats kinda impossible to deploy both airbags and have nothing structually wrong with the car...

Just get some Airbags from the Honda Parts Store... They're controlled parts so when you order them, you'll need your name, VIN, interior color code, and why they we're deployed... it's not just like "yah, I need two airbags...

I think the whole new dash thing isn't the way to go... that'll be just, if not more time consuming then just putting in 2 Airbags... plus, the dash alone is $600.00

You'll probably need a new SRS unit too which is $650.00

I would look closer at this car though... something's not right with this S2K...

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the airbags installed by someone else will cost you $1500 on most cars. The problem is that usually these things need to be inspected and all that great stuff. I agree with the others..... something is seriously wrong with this car to have blown air bags. Remember, the car has to have two points of impact to deploy the air-bags.

Good luck.

Archived